Post acquisition all 55 of YoBoHo’s employees will join BroadbandTV (BBTV), including its producers, marketers, business development team, writers and technology and mobile experts.
According to BBTV it will make a ‘multi-million’ dollar investment in YoBoHo to create more original programmes, expand to other countries and diversify its revenue streams. As of now, YoBoHo has 27 channels featuring original content produced in-house and overall claims to have published over 8000 videos.
YoBoHo runs HooplaKidz, a YouTube channel provider targeted at kids. This includes around 14 animated channels like the All Babies Channel, HooplaKidz Recipes, Derrick and Debbie and multilingual channels in Spanish, Portuguese, German and French. YoBoHo claims that its channel to be the largest preschool and K-12 educational network on YouTube.
HooplaKidz will now be a part of BBTV brands that includes channels like the gaming network TGN, the hip-hop music network Opposition and the female lifestyle channel Kandesa. As of now, BBTV claims to have over 32,000 partners with a library of over 10.5 million videos.
Digital content initiatives for kids in India
– YouTube had launched a new application aimed at children in February this year. The app, called YouTube Kids, offers original episodes of TV shows aimed at youngsters, in addition to videos from child-centric channels on YouTube. The app also has controls which lets parents set timers for the application, and if a child deliberately or inadvertently types in a word such as “sex,” the screen pops up with a “Try something else” message.
– Hyderabad-based DQ Entertainment also started two new YouTube channels Power Kids and Tiny Toonz in association with a multi-channel network (MCN), Whacked Out! Media.
– Rajshri Entertainment has launched an animated nursery rhymes video channel called Peekaboo. Peekaboo videos will be available on YouTube, MSN, Dailymotion, VuClip and DigiVive.
– Sony Music had also launched an online channel for children called ‘Mad Stuff With Rob‘. The channel will feature art workshops, teach kids ways to recycle and reuse and more. Here’s the link to Mad Stuff With Rob’s YouTube channel.
– Edutainment TV channel Da Vinci Learning had partnered with Airtel Digital TV, Siticable and Digicable to offer shows like Kid Detectives, Lab Rats Challenge, Logo Animation, and Indent Kid among others, in January this year.