- Does Google Pay illegally store Aadhaar data? Delhi HC asks RBI, UIDAI, Google to respond September 20, 2021
- Government did not seriously investigate Pegasus surveillance in 2019: Report September 20, 2021
- Facebook’s new smart glasses are making some EU regulators nervous September 20, 2021
- Government pushes past concerns on AgriStack to start issuing unique IDs for farmers September 20, 2021
- Leaked emails reveal US government irked by RBI for its ban on Mastercard: Report September 20, 2021
MediaNama’s mission is to help build a digital ecosystem which is open, fair, global and competitive.
In this excerpt from the book, the authors focus on personal data and autocracies. One in particular – Russia. Autocracies always prioritize information control...
The use of facial recognition technology for policing in Delhi: An empirical study of potential religion-based discrimination
By Jai Vipra, Senior Resident Fellow at Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy The use of new technology, including facial recognition technology (FRT) by police...
By Stella Joseph, Prakhil Mishra, and Yash Desai The Government of India circulated proposed amendments to the Consumer Protection (E-Commerce) Rules, 2020 (“E-Commerce Rules”) which...
By Rahul Rai and Shruti Aji Murali A little less than a year since their release, the Consumer Protection (E-commerce) Rules, 2020 is being amended....