We’re Hiring Full Time Journalists. Apply by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
MediaNama (www.medianama.com) is looking to hire two Tech Policy & Legal journalists. Please read about MediaNama and what it covers before applying. Please follow the application process detailed below.
We’re a leading online media company covering news and providing analysis on developments in Digital/Technology Policy. We provide our readership of policy leaders, business leaders, government officials and citizens with incisive inputs on global technology policy developments across the digital industry, with a primary focus on India.
Full Time Journalists
We’re looking for dedicated and incisive journalists who will be part of the vision of taking MediaNama to the next level. It will be a full time position and candidates with a passion & understanding of the Internet and Mobile domains will be preferred.
- Track and report current news and developments in technology policy and tech law in India, the rest of South Asia and South East Asia.
- Track Parliament, Supreme Court and various High Courts in India for policy developments
- Track key international technology policy developments from the US and EU.
- Analyse judgments, regulatory filings and other information and present it in a concise manner
- Talk to hundreds of people in the digital domain. Go get stories. Do interviews. Work with data. Identify trends.
- Preparing questions, helping identify speakers, live tweeting and/or reporting on MediaNama events, apart from taking on additional responsibilities.
- Write analytical event and trends reports on technology policy.
Note: Promising candidates with limited experience will also be considered; your passion for the policy domain and writing skills matter most.
What we’re looking for
- 2-3 years of legal or policy reporting experience, preferably on tech.
- Target driven
- Comfortable with ambiguity: the news industry is dynamic, you need to be able to take decisions and iterate quickly.
- A people person: you need to develop a reader base for your beat, and cultivate sources. We’re a community.
- An eye for news and a desire to get the news first
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Preference would be given to candidates with online work experience, or at least having blogged for a few years.
- You need to have basic working knowledge of HTML, and familiarity with WordPress.
- Experience in understanding financial documents and filings is preferred.
- Email email@example.com your CV and three of your best writing samples (or links to them). Write a convincing cover letter about why you would want to work with us. Please take the application process seriously: completeness in the application is a screening criteria.
- Based on pre-screening, we’ll schedule a call, which will typically be 15 min.
- Following the call, we’ll schedule a test and an person interview. The test will take 3-4 hours.
- Following the interviews, we’ll finalize terms on an HR call, followed by an appointment letter.
How we work:
We are only looking for candidates in Delhi, and those who can fit with our team culture: We help each other do better work, and improve with each story. Providing value to our readers is more important than individual differences, and we work together as a team to help change the way people think about technology policy, by providing information, analysis and perspective. We would need you to remain connected and looking for news at all times, excited when something big develops. We focus on details, sense trends, and think about what is best for developing an open, fair, competitive and global Internet, at all times.
Contact: Please email your CV and 2 writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org