India’s Immediate Payment Service (IMPS) saw an increase of 19.3% in the total number of transactions between May and June 2020, according to data published by the National Payments Corporation of India, which owns and operates IMPS. The NPCI is the bank-owned private organisation that also runs the Unified Payments Interface (UPI). IMPS transaction volumes increased on a monthly basis to 198.91 million (198,910,000 transactions) in June 2020 from 166.7 million transactions (166,680,000 transactions)in March, while the amount transacted grew on a month-on-month basis by 22.2% to Rs 206,950.8 crore. The average transaction amount has increased by about 2.4% on a monthly basis to Rs 10,404 per transaction. Month-wise details Bank Status: 57 commercial banks have signed up for IMPS.
- How much money was seized by the Indian state while investigating illegal loan apps? February 8, 2023
- Publishers Aren’t ‘Intermediaries’, IT Ministry Says: What Does This Mean for India’s Online Gaming Laws? February 8, 2023
- You can now use PhonePe UPI to pay in UAE, Singapore, Nepal and Bhutan February 8, 2023
- Wikipedia ‘Unblocked’ in Pakistan, PM Forms A Committee To Regulate ‘Objectionable’ Content February 8, 2023
- Explained: What is the feud over ownership between Binance and WazirX? February 8, 2023
MediaNama’s mission is to help build a digital ecosystem which is open, fair, global and competitive.
India's smartphone operating system BharOS has received much buzz in the media lately, but does it really merit this attention?
After using the Mapples app as his default navigation app for a week, Sarvesh draws a comparison between Google Maps and Mapples
The regulatory ambivalence around an instrument so essential to facilitate data exchange – the CM framework – is disconcerting for several reasons.
The provisions around grievance redressal in the Data Protection Bill "stands to be dangerously sparse and nugatory on various counts."
Please subscribe to MediaNama. Don't share prints and PDFs.
You May Also Like
Google has released a Google Travel Trends Report which states that branded budget hotel search queries grew 179% year over year (YOY) in India, in...
135 job openings in over 60 companies are listed at our free Digital and Mobile Job Board: If you’re looking for a job, or...
Twitter takes down tweets from MP, MLA, editor criticising handling of pandemic upon government request
By Aroon Deep and Aditya Chunduru You’re reading it here first: Twitter has complied with government requests to censor 52 tweets that mostly criticised...