Allegations of fraternising with a Pakistani Intelligence Operative (PIO), being on a WhatsApp group where immoral activities (including sexually inappropriate) took place, and violating the army's cybersecurity policy are some prominent aspects of a case recently argued before the Supreme Court regarding the right to privacy, among other things, of army officers. The petition, filed on 26th May, challenges suspension…
- Summary: What are RBI’s new rules for digital lending apps and service providers? August 11, 2022
- IT Rules 2021: MeitY sticks to its guns, pushes for GAC for social media companies August 11, 2022
- MeitY’s Review Committee Hasn’t Revoked A Single Section 69A Order Since 2009, RTI Reveals August 11, 2022
- Video: Is ONDC The Future Of E-commerce In India? August 11, 2022
- ‘No Systematic Action Against Offshore Betting and Gambling Websites’ in India, Says Report August 11, 2022
MediaNama’s mission is to help build a digital ecosystem which is open, fair, global and competitive.
Do we have an enabling system for the National Data Governance Framework Policy (NDGFP) aiming to create a repository of non-personal data?
A viewpoint on why the regulation of cryptocurrencies and crypto exchnages under 2019's E-Commerce Rules puts it in a 'grey area'
India's IT Rules mandate a GAC to address user 'grievances' , but is re-instatement of content removed by a platform a power it should...
Why ‘group privacy’ should be recognised, and how ‘non-personal’ data becomes a regulatory blindspot
There is a need for reconceptualizing personal, non-personal data and the concept of privacy itself for regulators to effectively protect data
Please subscribe to MediaNama. Don't share prints and PDFs.
You May Also Like
Google has released a Google Travel Trends Report which states that branded budget hotel search queries grew 179% year over year (YOY) in India, in...
135 job openings in over 60 companies are listed at our free Digital and Mobile Job Board: If you’re looking for a job, or...
Twitter takes down tweets from MP, MLA, editor criticising handling of pandemic upon government request
By Aroon Deep and Aditya Chunduru You’re reading it here first: Twitter has complied with government requests to censor 52 tweets that mostly criticised...