We are kickstarting 2019 with an important discussion on the regulation of OTT services in India, next week (Jan 11th, Friday) at India Habitat Centre in Delhi.
We have 70+ people confirmed for participating in the discussion, but you can still apply to attend: https://bit.ly/ottregulation
There are two processes running in parallel now:
- The TRAI has begun a consultation process for regulating OTT services: those which overlap with services offered by Telecom Service Providers. Its questions cover issues of lawful interception, regulatory arbitrage, interoperability of services, among other things. Our objective is to discuss these issues, including the pros and cons of potential decisions by the TRAI, challenges of telecom operators, and what serves to protect consumer interests in this law.
- The Ministry of IT is running a consultation on amending Section 79 of the IT Act to increase interception, traceability and pro-active moderation of content on messaging services impacting safe harbor.
We will discuss both these consultations.
To apply to attend, please fill up the form here: https://bit.ly/ottregulation
- This discussion will be held under the Chatham House Rule, to enable more openness in participation. Points raised during the discussion will be made public but not attributed to any person and/or organisation. No participant may be named either.
- Registration does not guarantee attendance. In case you fit our mandate for the intended audience, we’ll send you a confirmation on or before January 7th, 2019. These discussions are curated and participative in nature.
- Your contact information will never be shared with anyone outside of MediaNama.
To get a sense of the depth of the discussions at #NAMA events, do check the video highlights of our past discussions.
This is an advertisement for MediaNama’s event in Delhi. MediaNama’s Native Advertising policy can be seen here, and past ads here. For advertising, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you’re interested in sponsoring our events, please contact email@example.com.