India added 9.6 million active mobile connections in November 2018, with Airtel, Vodafone Idea and Reliance Jio accounting for 94% of total active mobile connections in India, according to data released by the TRAI. The active connection data represents peak VLR (Visitor Location Register) data for the month.
– There were 1.031 billion active connections in the month of November 2018
– Now, Airtel has 99.45% of connections active on its network – the highest among all telcos
– Vodafone Idea has the second highest active connection base of 94.89%
In terms of the number of active connections, Vodafone Idea leads with 399.6 million connections, followed by Airtel at 339.88 million connections.
– In terms of active connections, Maharashtra leads with 94.54% active connections, followed by West Bengal, Bihar, and Assam. Himachal Pradesh has 76.05% active connections, the lowest among all circles.
– UP (East) has the most number of connections, with 101.55 million connections (101,552,790 connections). Maharashtra is second with 94.4 million connections (94,405,344 connections) and Bihar is third with 87.56 million connections (87,565,325 connections).
– Vodafone Idea holds the maximum percentage market share of wireless connections at 36%, followed by Bharti Airtel at 29%, Reliance Jio at 22%, and BSNL at 10%.