DB Corp, the publisher of dailies such as DNA, Dainik Bhaskar and Divya Bhaskar, reported revenues of Rs 12.5 crore from its internet business for the quarter ended June 30, 2018 (Q1 FY19). This represents a marginal increase of 4% from Rs 12 crore in the same quarter last year.
The segment reported a loss before tax of Rs 2.1 crore which is 71.2% lower from Rs 7.3 crore in the same quarter last year. The contribution of ad revenues from the digital segment stood at Rs 12.6 crore, an increase of 3.7% as compared to Rs 12.1 crore last year in the same quarter. However, on a sequential basis, it dipped by 3.8%.
Ad revenues from print reported a YoY increase of 5.3% at Rs 411 crore. On a sequential basis, it rose 12.1%. The company’s print business still dominates its operational revenues, accounting for over 91% DB Corp’s operating income for the quarter with Rs 586 crore, which represents an increase of 7% from Rs 548 crore in the same quarter last year.
Digital business highlights
DB Corp launched Homeonline.com, a real estate portal last year in August, 2016. The website is live in Bhopal, Raipur, Indore, Jaipur, and Ahmedabad. The company did not share any number on the portal this quarter, but previously it claimed that Homeonline.com recorded about 1.5 million sessions and about 7 million page views between April 2017 and December 2017. The company has a total of 11 Portals & 2 Apps under its digital business.
The company did not even share its unique visitors and page views for the quarter.
- Unique visitors to their websites as of March 2018 stood at 74 million.
- Pageviews stood at 1 billion for the month of March 2018.
- 2.3 million app downloads of Divya Bhaskar and Dainik Bhaskar at the end of Q4 FY18.
Note that, both Unique visitors and Pageviews had reported dip last quarter.
- Consolidated total revenues stood at Rs 639.2 crore for the quarter ended June 30, 2018 (Q1 FY19), which represents an increase 7% on YoY basis from Rs 599.7 crore reported during Q1 FY18.
- Advertising Revenues grew by 5% YOY to Rs 455 crore as against Rs 433.4 crore in same quarter last year.
- It reported a net profit of Rs 97.6 crore, which represents YoY decrease of 11.2% from Rs 110 in the same quarter last year.