Online classifieds and e-commerce company Justdial has reported a net profit of Rs 39 crore for the quarter ended 31st March 2018 (Q4 FY18). Net profit was up 53.6% on a year-on-year (YoY) basis and 36.3% on a quarter-on-quarter (QoQ) basis. Other income stood at Rs 16.6 crore for the quarter, up 30.7% from Rs 12.7 crore in the same quarter last year.
Operating revenue stood at Rs 200.5 crore, showing a growth of 10.3% YoY and 1.9% QoQ. Operating EBITDA was at Rs 45.8 crore and witnessed a growth of 42.3% YoY and drop of 1.7% QoQ. Operating EBITDA Margin at 24.4% grew 464bps YoY and 143bps QoQ.
Justdial’s unearned Revenue stood at Rs 333 crore as on March 31, 2018, up 21.4% YoY and 16.7% QoQ. Unearned revenue is money received by the company for a service or product that has yet to be fulfilled. It can be thought of as “prepayment” for goods and services.
JustDial had conducted 445,110 paid campaigns for advertisers during the quarter, up 2.2% YoY and up 1% QoQ.
Divide the operating revenue by the number of campaigns, and it appears JustDial made Rs 4504.5 per paid campaign, up from Rs 4173 per paid campaign in the same quarter last year. Campaigns are essentially paid featured listings/recommendations on JustDial’s search.
Total listings on Justdial were 21.8 million, up 21.7% YoY, adding around 1,044,435 listings during the period. Of these listings, 10.9 million were with geocodes, up 60% YoY. Total images in listings stood at 44.8 million, up 41.3% YoY and up 8.3% QoQ. Total Ratings & Reviews stood at 81.9 million at the end of the quarter, up 16.2% YoY/
Traffic and app downloads
- Unique Visitors for the quarter stood at 111.6 million, up 28.6% YoY and 3.7% QoQ.
- Traffic from Mobile stood at 79 million, up 51.4%% and 7.3% QoQ. This accounted for 70.8% of the total traffic share.
- Traffic from Desktop stood at 24 million, down 6.3% YoY and down 4.2% QoQ. This accounted for 21.5% of the total traffic share.
- Traffic from voice stood at 8.6 million, down 4.4% YoY and 4.2% QoQ. This accounted for 7.7% of the total traffic share.
- Total app downloads at the end of 31st March 2018 stood at 19.8 million, up 49.7% YoY and 5.8% QoQ. Average 15,501 app downloads per day witnessed during the quarter.
JustDial’s Omni business
JustDial hasn’t yet released data for its Omni business, an inventory management product it introduced to help small businesses manage their online and offline sales. In the Q3FY17, CEO VSS Mani had said that JustDial is putting a hold on the Omni business and will concentrate its efforts on its core search product.
JustDial’s employee count increased to 11,452 from 11,334 marginally up by 1% from the same quarter last year. Sequentially, increased by 4.6% from last quarter.