ALTBalaji has reported revenues of Rs 1.1 crore for the quarter ended 31st December 2017, reporting a marginal dip in comparison to Rs 1.2 crore in Q2 FY18. Loss after tax for the business was Rs 17.8 crores, up 25% from a loss of Rs 4.5 crore in Q3 FY17. Q3 EBITDA was at a loss of Rs 20 crores, up from EBITDA loss of 5.5 crores in Q3FY17. ALTBalaji said its gross billings for the year are now at Rs 4.4 crores, up 37.5 from Rs 3.2 crore in the previous quarter.
The company had investments of Rs 468.5 crore in Mutual Funds. It reported another income of Rs 1.7 crores for the quarter.
The service was launched on April 16th, 2017, and thus figures are not comparable to last year, especially since there were no revenues.
- 10 million app downloads additional 2 million downloads through web browser (excludes users accessing the app through telecom partners video app such as Vodafone Play and Jio Cinema) in Q3FY18. This was 8.3 million at the end of September 2017.
- 433 million+ Minutes of Video consumed. This was 270 million+ minutes at the end of September 2017.
- 500,000+ paid users. This was 100,000+ for September 2017.
- 98 minutes average watch time per user (Average time per subscribed user is calculated based on minutes consumed per active session of use). This was 97 minutes at the end of September 2017.
- Launched 14 original and exclusive shows during the quarter
Note that in January, ALTBalaji did a content deal with Reliance Jio, to make available its original content to the users of the online platforms of Reliance such as Jio Cinema, Jio TV etc. ALTBalaji also went live on the Vodafone Play before and its content is already available to Vodafone users in India. It said in a statement that it will continue to strengthen its B2B partnerships ecosystem across a range of OEMs, telecom/internet service providers and payment wallets.