Shemaroo Entertainment has tied up with Spuul to share their catalogs with their respective users. Spuul will offer movies like Mujhse Shaadi Karogi, The Dirty Picture, Sarfarosh, Black, Kaalia, Namak Halal, Shiva, Majboor, Amar Akbar Anthony, Don and Anamik among others from Shemaroo. Spuul currently claims to have 12 million users across India, Pakistan, UK, US, Australia & New Zealand and Middle East.
Shemaroo financials: In January, Shemaroo reported new media revenues of Rs 16.64 crore for the quarter ended December 30, 2015 (Q3 FY16). New media revenues grew 5.32% from Rs 15.8 crore from the preceding quarter. The company’s new media business represented 15.49% of the company’s total operational income which was Rs 101.38 crore. It also hit 100 million monthly views on YouTube.
Shemaroo’s previous tie ups:
– In November 2015, Shemaroo tied up with Airtel Digital TV to launch a movie premiere service called Miniplex.
– In July 2015, Red Chillies Entertainments partnered with Shemaroo Entertainment to distribute a dozen Shah Rukh Khan films on the TV platform.
– In April 2015, Shemaroo entered into a distribution agreement with Magna Publishing Company to distribute its content over digital channels and mobile channels.
– Shemaroo tied up with net mobile AG to distribute content from Playboy Enterprises Inc in south Asian countries which include India, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Pakistan and Bangladesh.
– In January 2015, it tied up with mobile video platform 1230n to offers its video catalogue of Bollywood songs, devotional content and regional videos on 123on’s mobile app.
Spuul’s content deals:
– Last month, online video streaming platform Spuul tied up with content providers like UTV-Disney, Yashraj Films, Reliance Entertainment, Balaji Telefilms, Indiacast, Shemaroo , B4U, Venus and Rajshri to enhance its regional content library.
– In September 2015, Spuul signed a deal with UTV to add popular movie titles to its service.
– In March 2015, Spuul signed a multi-year deal with Multi Screen Media, which owns and operates the Sony network of television channels to stream their popular TV shows on the digital platform in India.
– Spuul had inked a similar deal with UTV Disney in January 2014 to strengthen its Bollywood catalog.
– In 2013 Spuul had a tie up with Star TV India to stream Star Plus shows 30 minutes after their TV broadcast in India.