Ecommerce player Fipkart has appointed Samardeep Subandh as its chief marketing officer. In his new role, Subandh will be focusing on gaining deeper customer insights, raising the level of customer centricity and quality of communication from the company. Subandh will also be responsible for creating a social media communication charter for Flipkart. This is something other ecommerce players would also want to look into.
Subandh has over 17 years of experience in te consumer goods industry. In his previous role as chief sales officer at Marico, he was instrumental in kicking off the go-to-market transformation journey in India. He also spent 15 years with Hindustan Unilever across various marketing, sales and business assignments. Subandh will report to Mulesh Bansal, Flipkart’s head of commerce platform.
Other appointments at Flipkart
– Earlier this month, Flipkart appointed Ram Papatla as vice president of product management. Papatla will be responsible for customer experience by focusing on content and product info and report to chief product officer Punit Soni.
– In the same month, the company hired Sriram Venkataraman as the CFO for its commerce platform and Pramod Jain as VP and head of taxation. In his new role Venkataraman will head all aspects of the finance functions for the commerce platform as well as drive its business and strategy.
– Flipkart appointed Puneet Soni as its chief product officer, joining from Motorola Mobility.
– In April, the company also appointed Peeyush Ranjan as Head of Engineering, joining from Google.
– Mayur Datar, also from Google, joined the company as its Principal Data Scientist the same month.
– Anand KV was appointed as senior VP of customer experience (commerce platform). He was previously Hathway Cable & Datacom’s president (digital platforms)
– txtWeb co-founder Manish Maheshwari was appointed VP and head of seller ecosystem.
– In March, McKinsey’s Saikiran Krishnamurthy was appointed as COO of Commerce Division.
Other recent departures (or kind-of departures)
– Last month, Mekin Maheshwari, one of the earlier employees at Flipkart and its Chief People Officer, was to move to an advisory role at the company.
– Ravi Vora, CEO of Strategic Brands at Flipkart quit in September, after a little over four years at the company.
– Flipkart’s CTO Amod Malviya moved to an advisory role earlier, while its Head of Engineering Sameer Nigam quit. More here.