wordpress blog stats
Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Tanveer Mohammad appointed as Uninor COO

Tanveer Mohammad

Telenor Group has appointed Tanveer Mohammad as the Chief Operating Officer of Uninor. He will be replacing the current COO Ruza Sabanovic who is moving to Telenor’s Oslo headquarters as its Head of Group Technology.

Prior to this appointment, Mohammad was working as the Chief Technology Officer of Telenor’s Bangladesh subsidiary Grameenphone. He has been with the company since 1997 in various roles including system engineer, network implementation head, network operations head and deputy CTO.

He was appointed as the CTO of Grameenphone in 2010. Uninor mentions that Mohammad was involved in turning Grameenphone into a 3G operator earlier this year.

Earlier in March, Vivek Anand had been appointed as the CFO of Uninor after Prasoon Sinha was promoted to a global leadership role. He had relocated to the Telenor’s Oslo headquarters as its Vice President and Head of Dynamic Performance Management Project of its Group finance division.

Telenor Group had also appointed Morten Karlsen Sørby as the new Uninor CEO, replacing Sigve Brekke who was serving as Uninor’s acting CEO after the former CEO Yogesh Malik quit in November 2013 citing personal reasons. This appointment had received security clearance from the government last week, as indicated by The Economic Times report.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Last month, Telenor group had also sought for an approval from India’s Foreign Investment Promotion Board of India (FIPB) to increase its stake in Uninor to 100% from the existing 74% stake. The telco is planning to invest Rs 780 crore to acquire the remaining 26% stake owned by its Indian partner Lakshdeep Investments & Finance Pvt. Ltd. Telenor had earlier formed a joint venture with Lakshdeep called Telewings which provides telecom services in the country under the Uninor brand.

Written By

MediaNama’s mission is to help build a digital ecosystem which is open, fair, global and competitive.

Views

News

The DSCI's guidelines are patient-centric and act as a data privacy roadmap for healthcare service providers.

News

In this excerpt from the book, the authors focus on personal data and autocracies. One in particular – Russia.  Autocracies always prioritize information control...

News

By Jai Vipra, Senior Resident Fellow at Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy The use of new technology, including facial recognition technology (FRT) by police...

News

By Stella Joseph, Prakhil Mishra, and Yash Desai The Government of India circulated proposed amendments to the Consumer Protection (E-Commerce) Rules, 2020 (“E-Commerce Rules”) which...

News

By Rahul Rai and Shruti Aji Murali A little less than a year since their release, the Consumer Protection (E-commerce) Rules, 2020 is being amended....

You May Also Like

News

Rajesh Kumar* doesn’t have many enemies in life. But, Uber, for which he drives a cab everyday, is starting to look like one, he...

News

By Aroon Deep and Aditya Chunduru You’re reading it here first: Twitter has complied with government requests to censor 52 tweets that mostly criticised...

Advert

135 job openings in over 60 companies are listed at our free Digital and Mobile Job Board: If you’re looking for a job, or...

News

Google has released a Google Travel Trends Report which states that branded budget hotel search queries grew 179% year over year (YOY) in India, in...

MediaNama is the premier source of information and analysis on Technology Policy in India. More about MediaNama, and contact information, here.

© 2008-2021 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ

Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Name:*
Your email address:*
*
Please enter all required fields Click to hide
Correct invalid entries Click to hide

© 2008-2021 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ