Delhi-based ShepHertz Technologies has raised $1.5 million investment from existing investors Kae Capital, Blume Ventures, Mumbai Angels and new investors Sashi Reddi Investment Capital, growX ventures, LetsVenture and India Quotient, reports YourStory.
The company had previously raised investment from Kae Capital, Blume Ventures and Mumbai Angels in April last year. ShepHertz plans to use this investment to expand to North America, Northeast Asia and Latin America regions and for its sales & marketing initiatives.
Founded in 2010 by Siddhartha Chandurkar, ShepHertz provides various cloud computing platform services for app developers to develop, host, run and manage their applications on the cloud through its App42 platform.
The company’s products offerings include:
– App42 Cloud APIs: It claims to provide more than 500 backend APIs across more than 20 modules, to develop mobile and web apps. This includes gaming backend APIs. It claims to offer support for various SDKs ranging from iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Java, J2ME, HTML5, Unity 3D, BlackBerry 10, Samsung Smart TV, Monotouch and Corona among others. It provides these services through various paid plans on a pay-as-you-use basis starting from $19.99 per month and going up to $199.99 per month. There is also a free plan with limited capabilities.
– AppWarp is a device agnostic realtime multiplayer gaming engine which allows developers to build gaming and virtual world apps across various mobile platforms like iOS, Android, Java and Windows Phone.
– AppHawk is an issue management & project collaboration tool which allows developers to manage their users, tasks, requirements, increments, estimation, costing, and documents among others.
– AppClay provides user friendly interface enabling non-techies to develop their own HTML5, Android and BlackBerry native apps without any coding requirements.
– App42 Paas offers services like backend platform-as-a-service and gaming platform-as-a-service among others to app developers. It claims to offer support for multiple languages like Java, Ruby, PHP and Node among others. This service is priced on a pay-as-you-use basis.
Shephertz’s clients include 99Games, Zapak, Twist Mobile, Mobibit, Qumos, Gold Sun Games, Sage Studios and others.