- Batelco has been allowed by a London court to claim the $185 million it had invested in S Tel, from businessman C Sivasankaran, reports the Economic Times, citing a court order. We're trying to locate a copy of the court order. Details of the case here. - The Department of Telecom has sought a legal opinion on the TDSAT judgment, which had allowed 3G intra-circle roaming between Airtel, Vodafone and Idea Cellular, reports The Economic Times. DoT had lost that case at TDSAT. - Telecom Commission has agreed to full MNP, according to several reports, including this in Business Standard. The TRAI had recommended full MNP in September 2013, but nothing has happened since. India received 2.6 million MNP requests in March 2014, and has received 117 million MNP requests till date. - International mobile VAS contribute around 8-10%…
- How Google’s location tracking led to a $42 million penalty in Australia August 17, 2022
- MeitY’s Digital India Act due in Winter Session, says report: OTT, metaverse in ambit August 17, 2022
- Vauld comes under ED scanner after the agency freezes assets worth Rs 367 crore August 17, 2022
- TLDR: Social media and small businesses, Snapchat privacy, Meta’s user tracking, UN IGF, WhatsApp’s Windows beta, more August 17, 2022
- Deep Dive: What do lawyers think of the proposed changes to the Competition Act, 2002? August 16, 2022
MediaNama’s mission is to help build a digital ecosystem which is open, fair, global and competitive.
Do we have an enabling system for the National Data Governance Framework Policy (NDGFP) aiming to create a repository of non-personal data?
A viewpoint on why the regulation of cryptocurrencies and crypto exchnages under 2019's E-Commerce Rules puts it in a 'grey area'
India's IT Rules mandate a GAC to address user 'grievances' , but is re-instatement of content removed by a platform a power it should...
Why ‘group privacy’ should be recognised, and how ‘non-personal’ data becomes a regulatory blindspot
There is a need for reconceptualizing personal, non-personal data and the concept of privacy itself for regulators to effectively protect data
Please subscribe to MediaNama. Don't share prints and PDFs.
You May Also Like
Google has released a Google Travel Trends Report which states that branded budget hotel search queries grew 179% year over year (YOY) in India, in...
135 job openings in over 60 companies are listed at our free Digital and Mobile Job Board: If you’re looking for a job, or...
Twitter takes down tweets from MP, MLA, editor criticising handling of pandemic upon government request
By Aroon Deep and Aditya Chunduru You’re reading it here first: Twitter has complied with government requests to censor 52 tweets that mostly criticised...