Professional networking site LinkedIn has reported 276.8 million registered members for the quarter ended December 31, 2013, a 7% increase from 259 million members in the previous quarter and a 37% increase from 202 million members in the same quarter last year.
The company hasn’t disclosed the number of active users on the platform or provided any region-wise breakdown of its 276.8 million user base. LinkedIn had claimed to have crossed 20 million registered users in India in May 2013. Update: LinkedIn claims to currently have more than 24 million registered users in India, adding more than seven million users in the last year. It however hasn’t disclosed any information on the number of active users in India.
– LinkedIn reported 139.2 million unique visitors for the quarter, up 20% from 116.3 million uniques in Q4 2012 according to comScore metrics. The company also generated 10.6 billion pageviews for the quarter, up 8% from 9.8 billion pageviews in Q4 2012. Along with Slideshare, LinkedIn has reported 186.9 million unique visitors, up 21% year-on-year (YoY) and 11.2 billion pageviews, up 10% YoY.
– It integrated Pulse to the LinkedIn homepage and released new version of Pulse app with LinkedIn integration. The company claims this integration delivers more relevant news experience to users with content tailored to their professional interests both on the Pulse app and on LinkedIn website. Following this, LinkedIn has dropped its social business news product LinkedIn Today.
– LinkedIn says mobile now represents 41% of traffic to LinkedIn overall. During the quarter, the company launched Recruiter Mobile, Mobile Work With Us ads, Sponsored Jobs for the homepage feed, and the ability for candidates to apply for jobs via mobile. It also released a new redesigned LinkedIn iPad app.
– Released Showcase pages which allows companies to highlight different aspects of their business and enable professionals to follow any specific brand, business unit or any initiative of their interest to receive updates.
– LinkedIn also mentioned that Sponsored updates which was released in the previous quarter, contributed for 13% of Marketing solutions revenues for the quarter.
LinkedIn has also announced that it is acquiring a data-driven job matching service Bright for $120 million. The transaction is expected to close during Q1 2014 and comprises of around 27% cash and 73% stock.
Following this acquisition, several members of Bright’s team including its Engineering and Product team will join LinkedIn. LinkedIn says existing Bright users and Hiring solution customers will be able to access existing data on Bright’s website through February 28, 2014.
LinkedIn reported total revenue of $447.2 million for the quarter, up 47% from $303.6 million revenues in Q4 2012. The net income however saw a decline to $3.8 million, down from $11.5 million in the same quarter last year.
For the year 2013, LinkedIn reported revenues of $1.53 billion, a 57% increase from $972.3 million in 2012. The net income was at $26.8 million, up from $21.6 million in 2012.
– Revenue Across Geographies: Asia Pacific (APAC) region reported $36.2 million revenue for the quarter, up 59% from $22.8 million revenue in Q4 2012. For the full year 2013, revenues from APAC region was at $118.5 million, up 71% YoY. APAC Region currently represents 8% of LinkedIn’s total revenues for the quarter and the entire year.
– Talent Solutions: The revenue from talent solutions (previously called Hiring Solutions) was at $245.6 million for the quarter, a 53% increase year-on-year (YoY). Talent solutions accounted for 55% of the company’s total revenues in the quarter, an increase from 53% in Q4 2012.
For the year 2013, revenue from talent solutions was at $859.7 million for the quarter, up 64% YoY. The segment’s contribution to the company’s annual revenues was 56%, up from 54% in 2012.
– Marketing Solutions: The revenue from Marketing Solutions was at $113.5 million for the quarter, a 36% increase YoY. Marketing solutions accounted for 25% of the company’s total revenues in the quarter, down from 27% in Q4 2012.
For the year 2013, revenue from Marketing Solutions was at $362.4 million for the quarter, up 40% YoY. The segment’s contribution to the company’s annual revenues was 24%, down from 27% in 2012.
– Premium Subscriptions: The revenue from Premium Subscriptions was at $88.1 million for the quarter, a 48% increase YoY. Premium subscriptions accounted for 20% of the company’s total revenues in the quarter, flat from 20% in Q4 2012.
For the year 2013, revenue from Premium Subscriptions was at $306.5 million for the quarter, up 61% YoY. The segment’s contribution to the company’s annual revenues was 20%, flat from 20% in 2012.
– Field sales v/s Direct Sales: Revenues from the field sales channel stood at $270.7 million for the quarter, accounting for 61% of the company’s total revenue for the quarter while the revenues from the online direct sales channel stood at $176.5 million, accounting for 39% of the company’s total revenues during the quarter.
For the year 2013, revenues from the field sales channel was at $891.5 million for the quarter, accounting for 58% of the company’s annual revenues while the revenues from the online direct sales channel was at $637.1 million, accounting for 42% of the company’s annual revenues.
– Corporate Solution Customers: LinkedIn reported 24,444 corporate solution customers for the quarter, up 49% from 16,409 customers in Q4 2012.
– Headcount: LinkedIn ended the quarter with 5,045 employees, up 46% from 3,458 employees in Q4 2012.