wordpress blog stats
Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

, ,

Lumata (Buongiorno India) CEO Amit Dey Resigns

Lumata India CEO Amit Dey has resigned, and is serving out his notice period. Confirming the development to MediaNama, Dey declined to comment on his next move, and said that Lumata will announce a replacement in due course of time. This, Dey said, is a part of a restructuring for Lumata's India operations. Buongiorno had sold it's B2B operations to PE Fund Francisco Partners, and the business was relaunched as Lumata in November 2011. Mitsui, which was a majority shareholder in Buongiorno's India business, had exited last year: an October 2011 investor presentation (pdf)from Buongiorno suggests that the Indian operations had revenues of EUR 8 million (around Rs 51 crore at current rates), while Buongiorno Digital had revenues of EUR 20 million (around 129 crore at current rates). Buongiorno had acquired Mitsui's stake in both businesses (51% in Buongiorno India, and 41% in Buongiorno Digital) for EUR 23 million (around Rs 149 crore at current rates). It then sold stake in the B2B business to Francisco Partners: Francisco Partners owns 70% in Lumata, while Buongiorno owns the remaining 30%. Lumata has Clearwire executive and Match.com CEO Thomas Enraght-Moony as the helm, and is essentially a mobile marketing company focused on mobile operators, hardware manufacturers and brands. Dey said that during his tenure, he took the company from being in the red to significant profitability, growing the topline two times, with PAT in the 15% and EBITDA in the 30% range. Lumata India will be integrated with the global team, and a…

Please subscribe/login to read the full story.
Written By

Founder @ MediaNama. TED Fellow. Asia21 Fellow @ Asia Society. Co-founder SaveTheInternet.in and Internet Freedom Foundation. Advisory board @ CyberBRICS

MediaNama’s mission is to help build a digital ecosystem which is open, fair, global and competitive.

Views

News

India's smartphone operating system BharOS has received much buzz in the media lately, but does it really merit this attention?

News

After using the Mapples app as his default navigation app for a week, Sarvesh draws a comparison between Google Maps and Mapples

News

In the case of the ‘deemed consent' provision in the draft data protection law, brevity comes at the cost of clarity and user protection

News

The regulatory ambivalence around an instrument so essential to facilitate data exchange – the CM framework – is disconcerting for several reasons.

News

The provisions around grievance redressal in the Data Protection Bill "stands to be dangerously sparse and nugatory on various counts."

You May Also Like

News

Google has released a Google Travel Trends Report which states that branded budget hotel search queries grew 179% year over year (YOY) in India, in...

Advert

135 job openings in over 60 companies are listed at our free Digital and Mobile Job Board: If you’re looking for a job, or...

News

By Aroon Deep and Aditya Chunduru You’re reading it here first: Twitter has complied with government requests to censor 52 tweets that mostly criticised...

News

Rajesh Kumar* doesn’t have many enemies in life. But, Uber, for which he drives a cab everyday, is starting to look like one, he...

MediaNama is the premier source of information and analysis on Technology Policy in India. More about MediaNama, and contact information, here.

© 2008-2021 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ

Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Name:*
Your email address:*
*
Please enter all required fields Click to hide
Correct invalid entries Click to hide

© 2008-2021 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ