- Ravi Ruia and Anshuman Ruia, promoters of Essar Group; Vikas Saraf, Director (Strategy and Planning), Essar; and I P Khaitan and Kiran Khaitan, promoters of Loop Telecom, have been summoned to appear before the 2G court in Delhi. The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) had earlier accused both the companies of criminal conspiracy, claiming that Essar used Loop as a front company in 2008 to gain more licenses and spectrum than what was legally allowed. This is the second time they have been summoned after a no-show in the last hearing. Read more at NDTV. - The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has stated that it will take a minimum of 400 days to complete the auction process for 122 telecom licences that were scrapped earlier this month. This includes 60 days for recommendations, 95 days for approval of these recommendations and 245 days for completion of auction process, payment by winning bidders and frequency allotments. The Supreme Court had earlier set a 4 month deadline to complete the entire auction process. Read more at The Hindu. - S Tel is shutting down its services in India and helping its users switch to other operators, following the cancellation of its licenses in 6 circles by the Supreme court, as part of the 122 licences being cancelled earlier in the month. It had stated that it would decide to take part in the upcoming auction for new licenses after studying the final recommendations of the auction. Read more at Reuters and Business Standard. - As we reported…
- Indian crypto exchanges plan to collect identity details for crypto transfers to private wallets: Report June 3, 2023
- Jugalbandi, A Chatbot for Rural India by Microsoft and EkStep: What to Know and Think About? June 3, 2023
- Hopeful to See Action Against E-Pharmacies Selling Medicines Online Without Licenses: Pharmacy Body Writes to States and UTs June 3, 2023
- Meta to give advertisers more control using AI and content filters June 2, 2023
- Transparency Report: Here’s all Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Google had to say about user complaints in April June 2, 2023
MediaNama’s mission is to help build a digital ecosystem which is open, fair, global and competitive.
Is it safe to consider all "publicly available data" as public?
PhonePe launched an e-commerce buyer app for ONDC called Pincode. We, however, believe that it should also launch a seller app.
Amazon announced that it will integrate its logistics network and SmartCommerce services with the Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC).
India's smartphone operating system BharOS has received much buzz in the media lately, but does it really merit this attention?
After using the Mapples app as his default navigation app for a week, Sarvesh draws a comparison between Google Maps and Mapples
Please subscribe to MediaNama. Don't share prints and PDFs.
You May Also Like
Google has released a Google Travel Trends Report which states that branded budget hotel search queries grew 179% year over year (YOY) in India, in...
135 job openings in over 60 companies are listed at our free Digital and Mobile Job Board: If you’re looking for a job, or...
Twitter takes down tweets from MP, MLA, editor criticising handling of pandemic upon government request
By Aroon Deep and Aditya Chunduru You’re reading it here first: Twitter has complied with government requests to censor 52 tweets that mostly criticised...
Rajesh Kumar* doesn’t have many enemies in life. But, Uber, for which he drives a cab everyday, is starting to look like one, he...