The Indian telecom regulator TRAI has informed that according to data provided by service providers, about 20.62 million subscribers have submitted number porting requests by the end of September 2011 as compared to 18.05 million porting requests in August 2011. The maximum number of requests in Zone-I(North and West India),have been received in Gujarat- 20.09 lakh where MNP was introduced in January 2011. Haryana, where the service was made available in November 2010, received a total of 10.84 lakh porting requests. Jammu & Kashmir registered the lowest number of requests at 4021. Month on month, there has been an increase of 14.23% in terms of porting requests.
In Zone-II(South and East India), Andhra Pradesh leads, with 16.47 lakh customers requesting for number porting, followed by Karnataka, which received 16.16 lakh requests. There were just 13700 requests from the North East circle. Note that TRAI has not provided the operator wise information.
Download: TRAI Press Release
– Mobile Number Portability In India Up 16.15% to 18.05M In August 2011
– Mobile Number Portability Requests In India Up 19.73% To 15.54M in July 2011
– Mobile Number Portability Requests In India Up 22.85% To 12.98M in June 2011
– Mobile Number Portability Requests In India Up 23.75% To 10.57M in May 2011
– Mobile Number Portability Requests In India Up 33% To 8.5M in April 2011