Balaji Telefilms has reported net sales of Rs 2.62 crore, and a loss of Rs 8.35 crore, for its Mobile, Internet and Education units for the financial year ended March 31st 2011. Last year, the combined units reported a loss of Rs 4.04 crore.
What’s interesting to note here is that, if it wasn’t for the discontinued operations, Balaji Telefilms would have made a profit of Rs 4.94 crore for the year; this explains why Balaji is keen on selling its Internet, Mobile and Education business. In the financials (download here), these are collectively listed as ‘Discontinuing Operation’, but one shouldn’t forget that there’s been a significant decline in the performance of its existing business we well.
For the financial year ended 31st March 2011, Balaji Telefilms reported gross revenues of Rs 168.48 crore and a net loss of Rs 3.40 crore, a decline compared to last year’s gross revenues of Rs 185.99 crore and net profits of Rs 15.19 crore.
The company’s net sales saw a 13% quarter on quarter and 32% YoY increase at Rs 44.12 crore for the quarter ending 31st March 2011. Its profits from continuing operations were at Rs 97 lakhs, a decline of 68% QoQ and 82% YoY. While loss from discontinued operations was at Rs 2.11 crore, compared to a loss of Rs 1.8 crore in the previous quarter.
– Realization per hour from Commissioned programming (HSM) decreased to Rs 18 lakh from Rs 19 lakh in the previous quarter.
– Realization per hour from Sponsored programming increased from Rs. 3.1 Lakh in the previous quarter to Rs. 3.5 Lakh.
– Hours of Commissioned programs reduced from 162 hours in previous quarter to 150 hours.
– Hours of Sponsored programs increased marginally from 187 hours in previous quarter to 190 hours.
– Punyashlok Bhakta Appointed CEO Of To-Be-Sold Balaji New Media
– Updated: Balaji Telefilms To Sell Its Online And Mobile Business
– Earnings Digest: Balaji Telefilms, SUN TV, Zee News, Mid Day, Tata Communications