Telecom operator Tata DOCOMO has launched an IVR based sex education and awareness service on its network, powered by IL&FS Education. Subscribers need to dial the short code 529222 from their Tata DOCOMO mobiles and listen to information certified by the Family Planning Association of India (FPAI) related to sexual and reproductive health. It comes at a rental of Rs 10 for 10 days in addition to browsing charges of 1 paise per second. The service is available in English, Hindi and Marathi languages and will soon add Oriya, Bengali, Gujarati, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Malyalam to this list. IL&FS Education and FPAI had announced the Sparsh sex education program, which consisted of 12 modules in FAQ format,available in 12 Indian and 6 international languages in Male and Female voices, according to IndiaInfoline.
Our take is that the service the service could have linked to a support helpline with live experts to make it more relevant.
Other Mobile Health Care Initiatives:
– Aircel- Apollo: Aircel has a tie-up with Apollo Hospitals to provide medical consultation through the Aircel-Apollo Mobile Health service, offered in Chennai and Rest of Tamil Nadu circles. It lets users consult doctors, call an ambulance, get medicines home delivered and book appointments at apollo hospitals and clinics. Aircel charges Rs 45 per consultation (waived off till 5th Feb 2011) and call charges of 40 paise per minute. It also plans to launch a tele-medicine facility.
– Doctor On Call: Tata Indicom and Loop Mobile also provide a ‘Doctor on call’ service with Accel partners funded Healthcare Magic, which offers consultation for acute and chronic emergency situations. Tata charges Rs 9 per minute for the service.
– Aircel Ties Up With Apollo Hospitals For Mobile Healthcare
– HealthCare Magic Launches Doctor On Call Service With Tata Indicom; Liability?
– Eatherway Enables Booking Doctor Appointments Via IVR, Web, SMS
– Airtel Launches Doctor Appointments Via Mobile In Sri Lanka