We missed this earlier.
Multi System Operator Ortel Communications has reported broadband revenues of Rs 8.94 crore in the quarter ended March 2016 (Q4 FY16), an increase of 20.16% in the same quarter last year. On a sequential basis, broadband revenues increased 7.97% from Rs 8.28 crore.
The broadband segment reported a profit of Rs 5.08 crore, down 3.96% from Rs 5.29 crore in Q4 FY15 and up 6.27 from Rs 4.78 crore in the preceding quarter. Revenue contribution from broadband was at 17% of total revenues.
Ortel’s broadband business added 13,963 subscribers in FY2016 compared to 4,092 subscribers in FY2015. Its total Broadband RGUs stand at 72,482. It added that 10% of its total subscribers are broadband subscribers.
Data usage per customer increased 56.19% to 4,653 MB from 2,979 MB in the same quarter last year.
Ortel has also announced its new broadband plans ranging from 2 Mbps to 100 Mbps. Ortel is the first Multiple System Operator (MSO) to offer 100 Mbps Broadband in the state of Odisha using the DOCSIS 3.0 technology. The company said that it is being initially deployed in the city of Bhubaneswar and will be launched in other markets soon, without mentioning the timeline.
Ortel reported a 51.1% year-on-year (YoY) decline in its net profit to Rs 2.76 crore in the quarter ended 31 March 2016. This was against a net profit of Rs 5.65 crore which the firm had reported for the corresponding quarter of last year.
– Total Income increased by 18.6% to Rs 53.3 crore from Rs 44.9 crore in Q4 FY2015
– EBITDA stood at Rs 18.4 crore compared to Rs 20.8 crore in Q4 FY2015.
– EBITDA margin stood at 33.6%.
– Net sales grew by 18.64% YoY to Rs 53.28 crore in the March quarter as compared to Rs 44.91 crore in the same quarter of last year.
– In Q4, the company’s cable TV revenue grew 40.5% YoY to Rs 39.1 crore from Rs 27.9 crore.
– The total income from operations in the current quarter increased 18.6% YoY to Rs 53.28 crore as compared to Rs 44.91 crore in the corresponding quarter of the previous year and was 10.9% higher than the Rs 48.03 crore in the immediate trailing quarter.
Full year Financials
– Total Income increased by 21.8% to Rs 196.3 crore from Rs 161.1 crore in FY2015
– EBITDA grew by 18% to Rs 70.3 crore from Rs 59.7 crore in FY2015
– EBITDA margin stood at 35.8%.
– Net Profit After Tax was higher by 113% at Rs 11.9 crore, compared to Rs. 5.6 crore in FY2015
For the full financial year, sales grew increased by 21.26% to Rs 187.70 crore from Rs 154.79 crore in the year-ago quarter. Cable TV revenue in FY-2016 increased 20.3% to Rs 130.5 crore from Rs 108.5 crore in the same quarter previous year. Broadband services revenue in grew by 13.9% to Rs 32.9 crore from Rs 28.9 crore in FY-2015. Ortel’s Total Income from Operations increased 21.3% in the current year to Rs 187.70 crore as compared to Rs 154.79 crore in FY-2015.
Ortel had 1.71 lakh subscribers (Revenue Generating Units (RGUs)), taking its total RGUs to 701,192. Revenue generating units is the sum of analog cable, digital cable and internet subscribers who generate revenue for the company.
The company informed that 65% of new RGUs are coming from Non-Odisha states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh, while 86,797 RGUs were in the pipeline.
– In January, Ortel introduced free public WiFi hotspots for its customers in Bhubaneswar, as a value added service.
– In October last year, ErosNow tied up with Ortel to offer a subscription based movie streaming service called Ortel Broadband Movies.
– In March 2015, Ortel’s Initial Public Offering (IPO), failed to gain full subscription. Of the 12 million shares issued, about 9.68 million, or around 81%, was subscribed to. Ortel had previously mentioned that it was looking to raise Rs 217.2 – 240 crore through the public issue offering.