Online travel booking site Cleartrip has launched a rewards program called Cleartrip Rewards where it is offering free Activities worth Rs 500 each on the first 3 eligible bookings. Eligible bookings include domestic and international flights and hotels with minimum combined flight and hotel value of Rs 10,000 and upwards. The next 3 and further 6 bookings will get a free hotel and flight booking worth Rs 3,500 and Rs 5,000 respectively.
For the program, the company says that the bookings must be completed by 31 October 2017 to get free coupon codes, which will be valid for 60 days once received. Free coupon codes can only be used for bookings made on the Cleartrip app. Users will also not be able to avail the “pay at hotel” option if booked through the offer.
Cleartrip late to the game: Way back in 2011, MakeMyTrip had launched its rewards program in partnership with Payback (previously known as i-mint). In September this year, it revamped the loyalty program and re-launched it as My Rewards to offer various benefits like a free hotel room-night voucher of Rs 3,500 on 4 completed bookings, along with Payback points.
Yatra had a program in 2007; GoIbibo wallet: Yatra, was way more ambitions, when it launched its rewards program in 2007, but we’re not sure if Yatra Miles is still live as a loyalty program, since it seemed to have an expiry date of 2009. In January last year, online travel site GoIbibo launched a closed wallet called goCash as a solution for easily making online travel bookings after a previous booking had failed, for receiving rewards or redeeming points.
Previous Cleartrip developments:
– Last month, Yatra, MakeMyTrip and GoIbibo started delisting online budget hotel room aggregators Oyo Rooms and Zo Rooms from the platform, where Cleartrip said that it would continue to list them. More on this here.
– In August this year, Cleartrip launched Cleartrip Activities, a mobile marketplace-like model where it listed curated collection of over 2,000 activities and things to do in 30 cities including metros and tourist destinations, through which users could browse and book.
– 45% of hotel transactions on Cleartrip were mobile: In July, we reported that almost 45% of hotel transactions on Cleartrip that quarter came via mobile phones, from data shared on its Q1 2015 performance.
– Partial pay feature for reserving tickets: In June, Cleartrip launched a partial pay feature that let users pay only the cancellation fee upfront for pre-reserving their tickets.
– In April, the company said that 53% of Cleartrip’s overall traffic and 40% of all transactions on the platform came from mobile.