The combined digital and e-commerce operations of Network18 stood at Rs 98.2 crore for the quarter ending September 30, 2012, up 34.9% from Rs 72.8 crores in the previous quarter and up 72% from Rs 57 crore in the corresponding quarter last year.
Operating loss for the segment, which includes Web18, Homeshop18 and NewsWire18, increased to Rs 37.7 crore from Rs 32.2 crore loss in the previous quarter and Rs 33.2 crore loss in the corresponding quarter last year. The operating margin remained negative at -38% as compared to -44% in the previous quarter and -58% in the corresponding quarter last year.
Digital Content Revenues
Network18′s digital content division reported revenues of Rs 20.4 crores during the quarter, up 17% from Rs 17.2 crore in the same quarter last year. Note that this revenue includes revenues generated from its digital properties including moneycontrol.com, in.com, ibnlive.com and firstpost.com.
– There is no specific information about the performance of each of its digital properties during the quarter, however the company had revealed in August that it had recorded over 30.8 million unique visits across all their sites and mobile apps for the year ending December 2011, citing Comscore metrics. Network18 had said that In.com had recorded 25.1 million visitors as of December 2011 while Moneycontrol.com had recorded 5.1 million unique monthly visitors, as of December 2011, which had later increased to 8 million unique monthly visitors (May 2012) and Firstpost.com which was launched in May 2011, has recorded 2.7 million unique monthly visitors, as of December 2011.
– It had also stated that the group’s mobile apps had recorded an an average of over 13 million visits and 110 million page views every month as of December 2011 and it had built a subscriber base of over 4 million subscribers across more than 70 subscription services including SMS, WAP, IVR and other mobile platforms.
Digital Commerce Revenues
Network18′s digital commerce division reported revenues of Rs 65.3 crore during the quarter, up from Rs 28.6 crore in the corresponding quarter last year. Although it’s not clear if this is the combined revenue of HomeShop18 and BookMyShow, since there is no break up for HomeShop18 revenue provided for the quarter.
As per the company statement, the revenues of HomeShop18 increased by 250% year-on-year (YoY) for the quarter, while the revenues of BookMyShow grew by around 45% YoY for the quarter, although there was no word on the exact revenues of both the ventures for the quarter.
In August, HomeShop18 had reported revenues of Rs. 89.6 crores for the year ended March 31, 2012 (FY12), up 26% from Rs 71.4 crore in FY11, while BookMyShow had reported revenues of Rs 29.47 crore for the year ended 31st March 2012 (FY12), up 83% from Rs 16.09 crore in FY11.
Newswire18 has reported revenues of Rs 12.54 crore for the quarter, marginally up from Rs 11.2 crore in the same quarter previous year.
– Web18 FY12 Revenue Up 14% To Rs 99.4 Cr; HomeShop18 Up 26% To Rs 89.6Cr; Metrics
– BookMyShow Revenues Up 83% To Rs 29.47 Crore In FY12; Rs 1.45 Crore Profit
– Network18 Reports Rs 32.2 Crore Loss In Digital & E-Commerce For Q1-FY13