The technology policy landscape – both in India, and globally – is changing rapidly. Global developments in the space of platform regulation, e-commerce, privacy and antitrust, as well as advancement in technology and deployments in domains such as AI-ML, Drones, Crypto and the Metaverse, are lending themselves to an acceleration of digital policymaking in India.
In 2022, we’re likely to see policy-making related to Privacy, post the passing of India’s Personal Data Protection Bill, apart from legislative movement around E-Commerce, Antitrust, Crypto, as well as a potential overhaul of key legislation like the Information Technology Act, Indian Telegraph Act, and potentially the Copyright Act.
There is going to be a consistent need to enable better informed policymaking in India.
To support a MediaNama discussion, please contact us here.
MediaNama’s Theory of Change
MediaNama is uniquely poised to leverage its reach, credibility, connections, partnerships and convening power for capacity building to enable better policymaking in India.
Over the past decade, MediaNama has held over 51 technology policy related discussions, with a gross attendance of thousands of stakeholders spanning lawmakers, journalists, founders, lawyers and public policy professionals.
Our Theory of Change to enable better policy-making in technology policy in India:
- Scale and diversity of participation: The largest and most diverse tech policy audience in India for events, including lawmakers, journalists, founders, lawyers and public policy professionals
- The most meaningful conversations: Carefully curated panels with expert moderation to ensure in-depth, editorially driven and meaningful discussions on issues that matter. The smartest and sharpest speakers share their expert views at MediaNama events
- The widest reach: Extensive viewership and readership of post-event coverage, summary reports, videos.
- Longer shelf life: The permanence of MediaNama’s coverage enables a longer shelf life and greater awareness of tech policy issues
- High quality reference material: MediaNama discussions generate comprehensive reference material which enables researchers, lawyers, public policy professionals and journalists and decision makers to develop greater expertise on key issues
- Increased involvement of stakeholders: in the public policymaking process due to the breadth and depth of understanding of policymaking issues and processes that we enable.
MediaNama discussions thus enable greater capacity building. By enabling better understanding of technology policy issues, we help diffuse and contain knee jerk reactions to policy developments, with better informed stakeholders.
In addition, by enabling better, wider and more diverse participation in the democratic processes, we enable better informed policymaking.