This week, join us for a roundtable discussion on the future of user verification in India, as we tackle topics like the importance of anonymity on the Internet, when someone can be anonymous, when they need to be verified and whether verification addresses problems of fraud, spam and scam.
We’ll also discuss the idea of proportionality in anonymity and verification.
Apply to attend here. MediaNama’s subscriber-members get guaranteed access to all our events, along with hybrid access. You can subscribe to MediaNama to support our work, and avail of virtual access to our events too.
There are limited seats, and registrations will move to a wait-list soon.
Event: Exploring User Verification
Venue: Viceroy hall, The Claridges, New Delhi
Date: March 23rd (Thursday) 2023
Here’s our list of top reads to rifle through on user verification and identification to help you prepare for the discussion.
Please remember that you’re a participant in this discussion and not just there to listen. Your point of view is just as important as ours.
- 12:30 – 01:30 PM: Check-in + Networking lunch
- 01:30 – 04:00 PM: Roundtable discussion
- 04:00 – 05:00 PM: Closing remarks + Tea + Networking
Confirmed speakers include:
- Amol Kulkarni, Research Director, CUTS International
- Beni Chugh, Research Manager, Dvara Research
- Jhalak Kakkar, Executive Director, Center for Communication Governance, NLU Delhi
- Lalit Panda, Senior Resident Fellow, Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy
- Prasanna S., Advocate
- Rahul Narayan, Advocate
- Renuka Sane, Associate Professor, NIPFP
- Varun Sen Bahl, Public Policy Manager, NASSCOM
- Vijayant Singh, Principal Associate, Ikigai Law
- Vrinda Bhandari, Advocate
We have confirmed participants from organisations and institutions such as Ministry of Defence, Aapti Institute, Access Now, Apollo, Ashwathh Legal, Binance, BlueMedix, CCG-NLUD, Chase India, Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy, CSDR, CRED, CUTS International, Cybertech, DSCI, Deloitte, EY, Gestalt Strategy Consulting, Google, XKDR, Ikigai Law, Zupee, IndiaMART, Inshorts, IAMAI, Internet Governance Project, ISOC, IVM Podcasts, KNS Digiprotect, Koan Advisory, Microsoft, Mohalla Tech, Zebra Technologies India, NASSCOM, NITI Aayog, Oijo, PB Fintech, Polygon Technology, Port Loko District Council, PRS Legislative Research, PwC, Quinte Financial Technologies, Reuters, Saikrishna & Associates, Salesforce, Saraf and Partners, Scroll.in, Sdela Telecom, SFLC.in, Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas, Sigmoid Frogs Consulting, SourceTrace, SprintVerify, The Hindu, The Quantum Hub, Times Internet, Truecaller, GGSIPU, and more
This is an invite-only event with limited seats, so don’t forget to apply to attend.
Not convinced? Here are 5 reasons why you should attend this MediaNama discussion:
- Share your point of view and get instant feedback: At MediaNama discussions you get to share your point of view, instead of being talked to by a panel: over 60% of a MediaNama discussion is interactive and focused on debating issues with the participants in the roomful of an audience curated for relevance.
- Meet others working on the same subject: we have dedicated networking time at MediaNama discussions, where you can meet and engage with others working on the same subject, and get a sense of what’s happening behind the scenes.
- Hear a point you hadn’t considered: We curate our participants for a diversity of perspectives, with people working on the same issue, but coming from a different background: hear not just from policy wonks, but also technologists, founders, people working with lawmakers, among others. There’s always another way of looking at something.
- Outcome focused: At the end of each session, one of the key questions we consider is a wishlist: what should change, why and how?
- Breadth and depth of understanding: At MediaNama we are focused on providing our readers and attendees with both the depth and breadth of understanding of technology policy. We work hard to determine the probing questions that lend themselves to a deeper understanding of issues, discuss principles, and bring out perspectives that you might not have considered. You can ask questions too. Sometimes the questions are more important than the answers.
- Registration does not guarantee attendance. In case you fit our mandate for the curated audience, we’ll send you a confirmation by March 22, 2023.
- Your contact information will never be shared with anyone outside of MediaNama.
- MediaNama’s subscriber-members get priority and guaranteed access to all our events, along with hybrid access. You can subscribe to MediaNama to support our work
This is an advertisement for MediaNama’s event. MediaNama’s Native Advertising policy can be seen here, and past ads here.
MediaNama is hosting this discussion with support from Meta and Truecaller. The Internet Freedom Foundation, CUTS International, Centre for Internet and Society, and the Centre for Communication Governance at the National Law University, Delhi, are MediaNama’s community partners for this event.