We’re getting ready for our discussion on the latest Draft Telecommunications Bill in Delhi on Tuesday, next week. Details of the venue and discussion are included below, including a reading list we curated, in case you need context for the discussion.
Date: October 18 (Tuesday) 2022
Time: Session starts at 2:00 PM (lunch and check-in at 1:00 PM)
Venue: Juniper Hall, India Habitat Centre
Please apply to attend here.
This is an invite only event with limited capacity. In case you fit with our mandate for a curated audience, we’ll send you a confirmation on or before October 17, 2022.
- The Bill: Indian Telecommunication Bill, 2022 [download]
- Summaries of various sections of the Indian Telecommunication Bill, 2021:
- Explanatory note to the draft of the Indian Telecommunication Bill, 2022 [read]
- Internet Freedom Foundation’s observations on the draft Bill [read]
- The Minister of Communications Ashwini Vaishnaw’s press conference on the draft Telecom Bill, 2022 [watch]
- Ashwini Vaishnaw’s comments on the draft Bill [read]
- A draft of the DoT’s consultation paper in July 2022 [read]
- Medianama’s summary of the consultation paper [read]
From the archives:
- The Lowdown: TRAI’s recommendations for Internet Telephony from telcos, ISPs and VNOs, MediaNama [read]
- What mobile operators have said about VoIP in the past, MediaNama [read]
- No evidence of VoIP cannibalization of Voice – Airtel India CEO Gopal Vittal, MediaNama [read]
- Airtel, Idea, Vodafone derailing our plans to launch VoIP services in India’: Ringo, MediaNama [read]
- All Communications Services Are Not Created Equal – Substitution of OTT Communications Services for ECS from a Consumer Perspective, SSRN [download]
Historical telecom operator submissions on OTT Regulation:
- Reliance Jio [read]
- Bharti Airtel [read]
- Vodafone [read]
- Idea Cellular [read]
- Reliance Communications [read]
- Registration does not guarantee attendance. In case you fit our mandate for the curated audience, we’ll send you a confirmation on or before October 17, 2022.
- Your contact information will never be shared with anyone outside of MediaNama.
This is an advertisement for MediaNama’s event. MediaNama’s Native Advertising policy can be seen here, and past ads here.