We are pleased to announce the “Privacy, Children and Access to Services” panel (October 6) at MediaNama’s PrivacyNama conference, to discuss the concerns around protecting the rights of children in the digital age.
We’ll be in conversation with Aparajita Bharti (YLAC & The Quantum Hub), Nivedita Krishna (Pacta), and Sonia Livingstone (London School of Economics and Political Science).
Session: Privacy, Children and Access to Services
Date: October 6, 2022
Time: 3:45 PM – 5:00 PM IST
This is an invite-only event. Please register here to attend.
Aparajita Bharti: Aparajita Bharti is the Founding Partner of The Quantum Hub (TQH), a leading public policy research and consulting firm and the co-founder of Young Leaders for Active Citizenship (YLAC) which works with young people to increase their engagement with the democratic process. Before founding these two organisations in 2016, Aparajita was Manager, Corporate Affairs and Communications at Snapdeal. She started her career in public policy as a Legislative Assistant to a Member of Parliament. She holds a Master of Public Policy (MPP) degree from the Blavatnik School of Government at Oxford University and a Business Degree from Sukhdev College of Business Studies at Delhi University. She is also a World Economic Forum Global Shaper alumna from the New Delhi hub. Aparajita‘s work in policy centres mostly around gender, tech policy and the structure of Indian democratic institutions.
Nivedita Krishna: Nivedita Krishna is a law and public policy consultant with 15 years of experience in the corporate and social sector. In the last decade, she has focused on law and policy initiatives to strengthen India’s public education system. Nivedita founded Pacta in 2015 and directs law and policy initiatives at Pacta. Nivedita is also a technology policy consultant at Wadhwani Institute for Technology and Policy.
Sonia Livingstone: Sonia Livingstone, FBA, OBE is a Professor of Social Psychology at the Department of Media and Communications at the London School of Economics and Political Science. She has published 20 books including “Parenting for a Digital Future: How hopes and fears about technology shape children’s lives.” She directs the “Digital Futures Commission” (with 5Rights Foundation) and “Global Kids Online” (with UNICEF). She also works on a series of European Commission and UKRI funded projects concerned with children’s opportunities, risks and rights in a digital world. Since founding the 33 country EU Kids Online network, Sonia has advised the UK government, European Commission, European Parliament, UN Committee on the Rights of the Child, Council of Europe, OECD, ITU and UNICEF. See more: www.sonialivingstone.net.
Agenda and Programme
PrivacyNama 2022 Day 1 | October 6 (IST)
- 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM: Opening Keynote by Prof. Usha Ramanathan, in conversation with Nikhil Pahwa (MediaNama)
- 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM: Geopolitics, Data Segmentation and Cross Border Data Flows
Session Chair: Aarathi Ganesan (Journalist, MediaNama)
Speakers: Arindrajit Basu (CIS), Sidharth Deb (CCG-NLUD), and Sukanya Thapliyal (CCG-NLUD)
- 3:45 PM – 5:00 PM: Privacy, Children and Access to Services
Session Chair: TBA
Speakers: Aparajita Bharati (YLAC & The Quantum Hub), Nivedita Krishna (Pacta), and Prof. Sonia Livingstone (London School of Economics and Political Science)
- 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM: Consumer Expectations of Privacy in Commerce and Advertising: Profiling, Data Monetisation, Ethical and Regulatory Perspective
Session Chair: Prasanto Kumar Roy (FTI Consulting)
Speakers: Beni Chugh (Dvara Research), Debapratim Ray (Xiaomi), Finn Lützow-Holm Myrstad (The Norwegian Consumer Council), and Udbhav Tiwari (Mozilla)
PrivacyNama 2022 Day 2 | October 7 (IST)
- 1:30 PM – 2:45 PM: Data Protection Regulator Roundtable
Session Chair: Renuka Sane (NIPFP)
Speakers: Commissioner Adv Collen Weapond (South Africa), Sharon Azarya (Israel)
- 2:45 PM – 3:45 PM: Government Access to Data
Session Chair: Aditi Agrawal (Journalist, Newslaundry)
Speakers: Eyup Kun (KU Leuven), Sreenidhi Srinivasan (Ikigai Law), and Tanmay Singh (Internet Freedom Foundation)
- 3:45 PM – 4:45 PM: Privacy and Competition
Session Chair: Sarvesh Mathi (Journalist, MediaNama)
Speakers: Deeksha Manchanda (Chandhiok & Mahajan), Manjushree RM (Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy), Shashank Mohan (CCG-NLUD)
- 4:45 PM – 5:45 PM: Chief Privacy Officer Roundtable
Session Chair: Rahul Narayan (Advocate, Supreme Court)
Speakers: Ali Khan (ZS), Ivana Bartoletti (Wipro), and Monika Tomczak-Gorlikowska (Prosus)
Apply to attend the Day 1 and Day 2 discussions here.
PrivacyNama 2022 Day 3 Workshop | October 11 (IST)
Apply to attend the workshop here.
- 1:30 PM – 1:45 PM: Opening Remarks by Manisha Kapoor (CEO, ASCI)
- 1:45 PM – 2:30 PM: PrivacyTech Demos by Disecto, Doosra, and Priva Sapien
- 2:30 PM – 4:30 PM: Workshop: Understanding Privacy Preserving Advertising
- Introduction to AdTech: Understanding how digital advertising works globally
- Privacy Implications of Current Practices: Impact of advertising practices on consumers, and key privacy regulation considerations
- Reform Efforts (Privacy Preserving Advertising): Key technology developments from app stores, platforms and advertisers.
- Expected Impact: Implications of reform efforts for startups, advertisers and consumers
- Preparing for change: How marketers, advertisers and founders can prepare their companies for a changing environment
- 4:30 PM – 4:45 PM: Closing Remarks
This is an invite-only conference, so don’t forget to apply to attend the discussions and the workshop. Please feel free to suggest points of discussion and questions you think ought to be raised, in the application form.
MediaNama’s subscriber-members get priority access to all our events and activities. You can subscribe to MediaNama here to support our work.
- Registration does not guarantee attendance. In case you fit our mandate for the intended audience, we’ll send you a confirmation by October 1, for the discussions and October 9, for the workshop.
- Your contact information will never be shared with anyone outside of MediaNama.