We’re getting ready for our discussion on the latest Draft Telecommunications Bill in Delhi on Tuesday, next week. Details of the venue and discussion are mentioned below.
Date: October 18, 2022
Time: Session starts at 2:00 PM (lunch and check-in at 1:00 PM)
Venue: Juniper Hall, India Habitat Centre
Please apply to attend here.
This is an invite only event with limited capacity. Registrations are filling up fast, but we still have some spots left. In case you fit with our mandate for a curated audience, we’ll send you a confirmation on or before 17th of October 2022.
Among other issues, we will discuss,
- Licensing of telecommunications services
- Implications of bringing OTT communication services under the ambit of telecommunication services
- Understanding impact of Telecom Bill on messaging, customer care and other online services
- How the Telecom Bill compares with the OTT regulation consultations done by TRAI
- Understanding whether the “Same Service Same Rules” argument applies to telecom and online services
- Impact on cloud services
- Expansion of KYC Norms to online services and understanding the impact on privacy
- Should content and carriage be regulated differently?
- Powers of the DoT post the Telecom Bill
- Power given to TRAI to regulate pricing of services
- Impact of interception requirements under the Telecom Bill on the Internet, and checks and balances
- Impact of Telecom Bill on Net Neutrality
- Impact of Telecom Bill on Internet Shutdowns and it can be improved to incorporate past regulations
- Global norms and best practices for interception
- Global trends for regulation of OTT services
You may recommend other issues in the Draft Telecom Bill for us to consider in the application form. We also published a reading list yesterday, you can access it here.
- Registration does not guarantee attendance. In case you fit our mandate for the curated audience, we’ll send you a confirmation on or before October 17, 2022.
- Your contact information will never be shared with anyone outside of MediaNama.
This is an advertisement for MediaNama’s event. MediaNama’s Native Advertising policy can be seen here, and past ads here.