[embed]https://youtu.be/2CmaPr0G4Us[/embed] This video, from a members-only call we hosted on September 8, 2021, contains an overview of global developments in app store regulations, with a perspective on what's happening in India. What we’ve covered: Current workings of Apple App Store and Google Play Store (commission, policies, revenues) What started the push back against App Stores: Epic Games vs Apple and Google What is happening in India: Real Money gaming issues Googles enforcement of policies and backlash from Indian founders Developments at MEITY CCI investigation into Google Antitrust complaint against Apple filed with CCI Global developments in app store regulations: South Korean law US Open App Markets Act to regulate app stores Developments in Japan, EU, Russia and the UKAnti What can India do? The presentation deck may be downloaded here. Thank you for your support, if you’ve found our work useful in some way, please do consider encouraging your colleagues to subscribe to MediaNama. For organisations, our group subscription options are available here
- Large, Mature Cos Don’t Need Much Time to Comply with Data Protection Law: 15 Talking Points from the DPDP Act Consultation September 20, 2023
- NASSCOM suggests reducing telecom regulation, not adding new rules for communication platforms in response to TRAI’s OTT regulation consultation September 20, 2023
- Complaint filed against ticket reselling site Viagogo for reselling ICC World Cup tickets at inflated prices September 20, 2023
- UK Competition Regulator Drafts Principles To Address Unfair Practices In Artificial Intelligence Markets September 20, 2023
- Follow SC Guidelines on Internet Suspensions in the Future: Jharkhand HC Tells State Gov September 20, 2023
MediaNama’s mission is to help build a digital ecosystem which is open, fair, global and competitive.
Is open-sourcing of AI, and the use cases that come with it, a good starting point to discuss the responsibility and liability of AI?...
RBI Deputy Governor Rabi Shankar called for self-regulation in the fintech sector, but here's why we disagree with his stance.
Straw man fallacy: IT Ministers’ defence of government exemptions in data protection law misses the point
Both the IT Minister and the IT Minister of State have chosen to avoid the actual concerns raised, and have instead defended against lesser...
The Central Board of Film Certification found power outside the Cinematograph Act and came to be known as the Censor Board. Are OTT self-regulating...
Please subscribe to MediaNama. Don't share prints and PDFs.
You May Also Like
Google has released a Google Travel Trends Report which states that branded budget hotel search queries grew 179% year over year (YOY) in India, in...
135 job openings in over 60 companies are listed at our free Digital and Mobile Job Board: If you’re looking for a job, or...
Twitter takes down tweets from MP, MLA, editor criticising handling of pandemic upon government request
By Aroon Deep and Aditya Chunduru You’re reading it here first: Twitter has complied with government requests to censor 52 tweets that mostly criticised...