This video, from a members-only call we hosted on July 21, 2021, contains an overview of the latest allegations of Pegasus surveillance in India, and a discussion on future steps towards surveillance reform.
What we’ve covered:
- What is Pegasus spyware?
- What are Zero-Day and Zero-Click exploit?
- How does Pegasus work?
- WhatsApp exploit and the spyware
- Citizen Lab Investigation
- WhatsApp’s and Amnesty’s lawsuits
- A timeline of events
- Forbidden Stories’ Pegasus Project
- List of possible targets
- State of digital surveillance in India
- Surveillance reform
- What legal experts have been saying?
The presentation deck may be downloaded here.
Thank you for your support, if you’ve found our work useful in some way, please do consider encouraging your colleagues to subscribe to MediaNama.
For organisations, our group subscription options are available here