We are happy to announce speakers for our online discussion on children and internet, being held tomorrow (Wed, Dec 9), with a focus on how the Personal Data Protection Bill deals with children’s data privacy. We have 150+ attendees confirmed, and registrations will close today.
We will be discussing issues around children’s use of online services (educational apps, games, or streaming video), including the role of guardian data fiduciaries, implications of restriction on profiling of children’s data, implications of restrictions on age of consent, etc.
- 02:00 PM – 02:15 PM: Check-in
- 02:15 PM – 03:30 PM: Session 1: Discussion on Children and Consent
- Aparajita Bharti, Young Leaders for Active Citizenship
- Jai Dehadrai, Advocate
- Pallavi Bedi, Centre for Internet and Society
- Puneeth Nagaraj, L&L Partners
- 03:30 PM – 04:45 PM: Session 2: Discussion on regulation of Guardian Data Fiduciaries
- Rahul Narayan, Lawyer
- Siddharth Pillai, Aarambh India
- Rajiv Chilaka, Green Gold Animation
- Sreenidhi Srinivasan, Ikigai Law
- 04:45 PM – 05:00 PM: Closing remarks
We have also published a reading list to get you up to speed. You can catch a livestream on YouTube and Facebook. Alternatively, we will be streaming and tweeting highlights on Twitter.
MediaNama is hosting this session with support from Facebook.
This is an advertisement for MediaNama’s event. MediaNama’s Native Advertising policy can be seen here, and past ads here. For advertising, contact email@example.com. In case you’re interested in sponsoring our events, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
***This post has been corrected to update Rajiv Chilaka’s name. It was earlier written as “Rajiv Chilakapudi”. The error is regretted.