The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has released app-wise data for companies and banks providing Unified Payment Interface (UPI), which show that Google Pay and PhonePe had a combined market share of 82% in volume terms and 86% in value terms during the month of November 2020. So far, the NPCI has released data on bank performance. This is the first time that the umbrella organisation for retail payments has released UPI app performance data. Last month, the NPCI said that it would introduce guidelines that place a market share cap of 30% on third-party apps on the UPI network, to “address the risks and protect the UPI ecosystem. Transactions on the UPI platform grew by 106% YoY to ₹3.9 lakh crore in November this year, compared to a little over ₹1.89 lakh crore in the same month last…
- TLDR: Zoom MacOs loophole, Chinese apps submit algorithms, Signal breach, data localization, US FTC, more August 16, 2022
- Freedom Offer: Get Rs. 1000 Off On Our Subscription Plans August 15, 2022
- In comments on IT Rules, NLUD’s CCG flags ‘Corporate Censorship’ and unequal ‘grievance redressal’ August 12, 2022
- TLDR: Google’s fact-check, WhatsApp privacy, Kids’ data on Instagram, Microsoft in ONDC, GST on online gambling, more August 12, 2022
- IT Rules 2021: Now Google concerned about SRB mechanism for social media platforms August 12, 2022
MediaNama’s mission is to help build a digital ecosystem which is open, fair, global and competitive.
Do we have an enabling system for the National Data Governance Framework Policy (NDGFP) aiming to create a repository of non-personal data?
A viewpoint on why the regulation of cryptocurrencies and crypto exchnages under 2019's E-Commerce Rules puts it in a 'grey area'
India's IT Rules mandate a GAC to address user 'grievances' , but is re-instatement of content removed by a platform a power it should...
Why ‘group privacy’ should be recognised, and how ‘non-personal’ data becomes a regulatory blindspot
There is a need for reconceptualizing personal, non-personal data and the concept of privacy itself for regulators to effectively protect data
Please subscribe to MediaNama. Don't share prints and PDFs.
You May Also Like
Google has released a Google Travel Trends Report which states that branded budget hotel search queries grew 179% year over year (YOY) in India, in...
135 job openings in over 60 companies are listed at our free Digital and Mobile Job Board: If you’re looking for a job, or...
Twitter takes down tweets from MP, MLA, editor criticising handling of pandemic upon government request
By Aroon Deep and Aditya Chunduru You’re reading it here first: Twitter has complied with government requests to censor 52 tweets that mostly criticised...