wordpress blog stats
Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Paytm, Vijay Shekhar Sharma to buy insurance company Raheja QBE

Paytm parent company One97 Communications and CEO Vijay Shekhar Sharma will acquire Mumbai-based Raheja QBE General Insurance Company. The current owner Prism Johnson disclosed the purchase in a BSE filing on Monday. This was reported by Business Standard. Raheja QBE is a joint venture between cement-maker Prism Johnson and Australian insurance group QBE. For a total consideration of almost Rs 290 crore, Prism Johnson will divest: Its own 51% stake in the company to QORQL Pvt. Ltd., a company in which Sharma holds a majority stake, and The remaining 49% stake, held by QBE, to One97 Communications The sale is expected to be closed by March 31, 2021. The divestment will result in the termination of Prism Johnson's joint venture with Australia's QBE in the general insurance business in India. Raheja QBE provided coverage health, home, and motor insurance, and also provided commercial property insurance. It had a revenue of almost Rs 190 crore in FY19-20, with a net worth of Rs 154 crore.

Please subscribe/login to read the full story.
Written By

I cover health, policy issues such as intermediary liability, data governance, internet shutdowns, and more. Hit me up for tips.

Free Reads

News

Vaishnaw's remarks come a day after Google removed apps belonging to Matrimony.com, Info Edge (Naukri and 99 Acres), Shaadi.com, Altt, Truly Madly, Stage, Quack...

News

Paytm has started distancing itself from PPBL in light of the current negative spotlight on PPBL.

News

The move can be seen as an attempt by Paytm to distance itself from the troubled Paytm Payments Bank, which has been significantly restricted...

MediaNama’s mission is to help build a digital ecosystem which is open, fair, global and competitive.

Views

News

NPCI CEO Dilip Asbe recently said that what is not written in regulations is a no-go for fintech entities. But following this advice could...

News

Notably, Indus Appstore will allow app developers to use third-party billing systems for in-app billing without having to pay any commission to Indus, a...

News

The existing commission-based model, which companies like Uber and Ola have used for a long time and still stick to, has received criticism from...

News

Factors like Indus not charging developers any commission for in-app payments and antitrust orders issued by India's competition regulator against Google could contribute to...

News

Is open-sourcing of AI, and the use cases that come with it, a good starting point to discuss the responsibility and liability of AI?...

You May Also Like

News

Google has released a Google Travel Trends Report which states that branded budget hotel search queries grew 179% year over year (YOY) in India, in...

Advert

135 job openings in over 60 companies are listed at our free Digital and Mobile Job Board: If you’re looking for a job, or...

News

By Aroon Deep and Aditya Chunduru You’re reading it here first: Twitter has complied with government requests to censor 52 tweets that mostly criticised...

News

Rajesh Kumar* doesn’t have many enemies in life. But, Uber, for which he drives a cab everyday, is starting to look like one, he...

MediaNama is the premier source of information and analysis on Technology Policy in India. More about MediaNama, and contact information, here.

© 2008-2021 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ

Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Name:*
Your email address:*
*
Please enter all required fields Click to hide
Correct invalid entries Click to hide

© 2008-2021 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ