We are looking forward to the upcoming online discussion on the impact of the Personal Data Protection Bill on the Healthcare sector in India, scheduled this week for Friday, June 19.
We are opening this session to a select list of invitees to observe and pose questions to the speakers, and you can apply to attend here: https://forms.gle/RgL7uZkyNixraeuc6
Our line-up of speakers for the session includes:
- 02:00 PM – 02:15 PM: Check-in
- 02:15 PM – 02:45 PM: Fireside chat with Vishal Gondal, Founder and CEO of GOQii, on “How data can transform healthcare”.
- 02:45 PM – 03:30 PM: Roundtable discussion with
- Dr. Shubnum Singh, Advisor, CII National Healthcare Council, and Consultant Emeritus, Max Healthcare Institute Ltd
- Dr. Sunil Shroff, President (TN), Telemedicine Society of India
- Dr. Varun Gupta, Vice President, Medical Affairs and Public Policy, 1mg
- Abhishek Malhotra, Managing Partner, TMT Law Practice
- Shweta Mohandas, Policy Officer, Centre for Internet and Society
- 03:30 PM – 04:15 PM: Q&A session
We have also put together a reading list to give you some context.
Healthcare and the Personal Data Protection Bill, 2019:
- A Complete Guide to the Personal Data Protection Bill, 2019 [read]
- The Personal Data Protection Bill, 2019 [download]
- Considering impact of the PDP Bill, 2019, on the healthcare sector [read]
- Debating the consent manager under the framework of the PDP Bill 2019 [read]
Catching up with developments in India:
- iSpirt demos a key part of Health Stack — the health data consent manager. Some questions. [read]
- Ministry of Health’s public consultation on National Digital Health Blueprint: Legal issues around telemedicine, consent, and ‘egosystems’ in healthcare [read]
- Our coverage of the submissions on the National Health Stack, 2018 [read]
- The state of Telemedicine policy, law and digital infrastructure in India [read]
- Is India’s Digital Health System Foolproof? [read]
Global concerns around health and privacy:
- Wearables: Where do they fall within the regulatory landscape? [read]
- It’s Time for a New Kind of Electronic Health Record [read]
- Why, in the midst of a U.S. health crisis, there are major challenges for doctors to access patient records [read]
- Covid-19 pandemic accelerates digital health reforms [read]
You can apply to attend this discussion here. The link for the session will be shared with confirmed participants, closer to the date of the discussion.
MediaNama is hosting this session with support from Microsoft, Google, TMT Law Practice and the Telemedicine Society of India
This is an advertisement for MediaNama’s online event. MediaNama’s Native Advertising policy can be seen here, and past ads here. For advertising, contact email@example.com. In case you’re interested in sponsoring our events, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.