Zee Media Corporation’s operating revenue grew by 4.4% between H1FY20 and H1FY19 from Rs 323.35 crore to Rs 337.69 crore. However, it fell by 18.8% to Rs 137.03 crore in Q2FY20 from Rs 168.66 crore in the same quarter last year (Q2FY19).
- Advertising revenue: Rs 125.23 crore, down by 16.2% YoY
- Subscription revenue: Rs 8.67 crore, down by 33.9% YoY
- Profit After Tax (PAT): Zee had a negative Profit After Tax (PAT) for Q2FY20, that is, a loss of Rs 126.46 crore, but it had a PAT of Rs 17.24 crore in Q2FY19.
- EBITDA: Declined by 9.4% between Q2FY19 and Q2FY20 from Rs 40.87 crore to Rs 37.02 crore
- Expenses: Total operating expenses declined by 21.7% from Rs 127.79 crore to Rs 100 crore between Q2FY20 and Q2FY19.
- Number of viewers: 323 million on 14 news channels, which include 1 global, 3 national and 10 regional channels
C-Suite developments: Sudhir Chaudhary became the CEO. Dinesh Garg took over as the CFO from Sumit Kapoor, who resigned on September 14. The Managing Director (MD) of the company, Ashok Venkatramani, resigned on July 10.