MediaNama invites you to apply to attend PolicyNext, a discussion on the road ahead for technology policy in India, being held at the India Habitat Centre on June 27th (Thursday) 2019.
You can apply to attend here.
The preceding couple of years have seen hectic activity in the policy space, with a focus on increased control of the Internet, some of it driven by local considerations, and some by global considerations. This discussion will seek to identify key opportunities and concerns related to technology policy, and will delve into:
- The role of geopolitics: India’s theory of technology policy, and how that stacks up against policies from other countries.
- Impact of cybersecurity on policymaking in the context of privacy
- Issues of content and platform regulation in the context of free speech
- Balance of power in policy-making: The role of state and civil society
- The process of policymaking: issues of transparency, accountability and arbitrariness
- An agenda for the new government
To attend, please apply here: https://bit.ly/policynext2019
Please feel free to suggest points of discussion and questions you think ought to be raised, in the application form. We’ll be publishing the agenda and announcing speakers soon.
Note: Registration does not guarantee attendance. In case you fit our mandate for the intended audience, we’ll send you a confirmation on or before June 22nd, 2019. These discussions are curated and participative in nature.
Your contact information will never be shared with anyone outside of MediaNama.
This is an advertisement for MediaNama’s event in Delhi. MediaNama’s Native Advertising policy can be seen here, and past ads here. For advertising, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you’re interested in sponsoring our events, please contact email@example.com.