Mobikwik reported gross revenues of Rs 1,846 million in FY2019, more than double the previous year’s, in its latest Annual Report. It claimed its total registered users grew 40% and monthly active users (MAUs) grew 90% over the period. Here are the other numbers from the report:
- Gross revenue of Rs 1,846 million in FY2019, from Rs 856 million in FY2018 and Rs 446 million in FY2017
- Positive Contribution Margin* for the financial year 2019. The company was also Contribution Margin-positive for each month in the 2nd half of FY19 (see graph below)
- Halved its EBITDA** burn in FY19 over FY18 and expects EBITDA break-even by the end of 2019
(*Contribution margin is the selling price per unit minus the variable cost per unit. “Contribution” represents the portion of sales revenue that is not consumed by variable costs and so contributes to the coverage of fixed costs.)
(**Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) is a way to evaluate a company’s performance without having to factor in financing decisions, accounting decisions or tax environments.)
(Note: Gross Revenue for FY19 is unaudited)
- 40% growth in total registered users and 90% growth in MAUs (Monthly Active Users)
- Over 40 million people transacted on the platform in the past 12 months, representing nearly 10% of India’s smartphone population
- 18 million of the 47 million credit cards issued in India are saved on MobiKwik
- Over 11% of UPI handles issued so far in India are @iKwik handles issued by MobiKwik
- Payment gateway business recorded $3 billion in total payment volume.
- Disbursed over 350,000 digital loans with a loan book which stands at $24 million.
- Ranked No. 4 among COUs (Customer Operating Units) that have the Bharat Billpay System licence, ahead of several banks.
- No. 2 among all PPI players (including wallets, payment banks and bank-owned wallets) for wallet-to-bank fund transfers over IMPS.
- Will disburse more than 70,000 fully digital loans in May 2019 from the 1 million applications it receives every month.
- On track to disburse more than ₹1,500 crores through 1.2 million loans in FY 2020.
- Though its big data algorithm, it has measured the ability and credit intent – ‘Mobiscore’ – of 64 million of its users who have consented to sharing their data for this purpose.
- Around 5 million users have given consent for checking their credit score on the bureaus.
Launched its insurance business at the end of 2018 and says it is on track to issue more than 15 lakh policies in the first year.