The DMK, if voted to power, will urge the Union government to bring in legislation which would prevent all social media from publishing obscene content. The party will also seek to revive the Planning Commission’s and scrap the Niti Aayog. Read other parties tech-related promises in their manifestos here (see the DMK’s manifesto appended in the bottom).
- The DMK will urge the Centre to bring in appropriate legislation to prevent all types of social media from publishing “any kind of obscene pictures, photos and other pornographic literature and materials.”
- The party said social media is an important factor in the rise of sexual harassment against girl children. Social media, the party said, “is indulging in rampant and uncontrolled publishing of obscene materials”. . .”it becomes expedient to stop this menace to protect innocent girl children”.
- The party said Special Cyber Crime Branch should be set up in every district to deal with cyber crimes against women
DMK will urge the Centre to set up a task force to review and revive MSME Sector (Micro, Small and Medium scale Enterprises); enabling it with better access to formal credit and technology for
- The BJP government’s Make in India scheme has been a failure, according to DMK. And this, it says, is proven by the fact that the Rs.1,50,000 crores mobile phone market in India is 100% occupied by imported smart phones; out of this, the China made smart phone market share in India is to the tune of Rs.5 1,000 crores.
- The DMK will prevail upon the Centre to develop a suitable policy frame work to increase domestic production of Smart Phones in both private and public sector and also joint sector and also to establish a Cellphone Manufacturing Hub in Chennai.
Banking and financial inclusion
- Halt further dilution of government stake in public sector banks; strengthen the public sector in banking and insurance with strict adherence to priority sector lending norms.
- Appropriate changes to the MUDRA bank loan scheme for small and medium sector business/trade so the scheme delivers success
- Strong regulatory framework for the NBFCs to protect the investors.
- Bank customers are “being exorbitantly charged” for all routine transaction services like issue of cheque books, ATM withdrawals after demonetisation. etc. Customers are also penalized for not maintaining the minimum balance in the savings accounts. This is “nothing short of unscrupulous swindling of the small savings” of the poor and middle class by banks. The DMK will insist that the centre scrap these “unjust charges and penalties”.
- The DMK will urge the Central government to take steps to bring, simple progressive and stable tax structure to eliminate tax evasion.
The DMK said it will bring back an acceptable GST rate to mitigate all problems through the GST council. The present GST regime, the DMK said, was launched by the BIP in undue haste causing a lot of difficulties to the business, trade, and the public. The unreasonably high rate of taxes pushed the prices up, and instead of bringing one tax for one Nation, the multiple rates have created confusion, compounded by the series of amendments leading to the collapse of many small business.
- Concerns of the manufacturing States will be fully addressed to protect their interests.
- Premium for Life Insurance and Medical Insurance policies should be exempted from GST.
- Domestic electricity supply should also be taken away from the ambit of GST.
- The IT sector is facing multiple issues, and people don’t have appropriate forums to address their grievances. The DMK will urge the Centre to enact legal provisions including constitution of high level committees at state/national level for IT employees with the representation of Labour Department, company representatives and employees’ representative Forums like FITE.
- DMK urges to set up Indian Institue of Technologies (IIT) at Madurai and more IITs and IIMs all over India.
- Urge the center to upgrade education system, provide skill development training to youth and create more employment and self-employment opportunities.
- Will seek to establish a national E-Library to enhance the knowledge level of school teachers and students.
Scrapping the Niti Aayog
The Planning Commission was performing the vital role of planning the equitable distribution of wealth, ensuring employment generation, promoting health, education, social welfare, poverty alleviation and above all regionally balanced development have been closed down. And above all transfer of funds to the States through plan outlays has been stopped.
The DMK will bring back the Planning Commission and disband the Niti Aayog since ” has not made any constructive work till now.”
- PM Modi brought in demonetization without consulting the RBI or renowned economists, said the party. Over a 100 people lost their lives waiting in bank queues; the party has promised to compensate the families of the victims adequately.
- Efforts will be made to bring back the return of black money stashed away by Indians in foreign countries.
- Demonetization and ill-planned introduction of GST have caused led to deterioration of macro-economic indicators and and brought suffering and loss of livelihood to millions of people.
[embeddoc url=”https://www.medianama.com/wp-content/uploads/DMK-Paliament-Election-Manifesto-English.pdf” download=”all”]