The Naveen Patnaik-led Biju Janata Dal, which currently has a government in power Odisha, has promised to set up a state Youth Innovation Fund, expand the free laptop for meritorious students scheme, and set up community halls with video and mini-theatre facilities in every panchayat. See all there technology related promises below (read the manifesto here):
1. Expansion of the Laptop Scheme under which meritorious students in the state are gifted laptops by the state government.
2. Skill, employment and industry
- Creation of the “Odisha Youth Innovation Fund” to assist youth entrepreneurs in incuba!ng new business ideas
- Recruitment of local talent will be encouraged in all the industries and investments coming up in Odisha
- The BJD Government will introduce a “Chief Minister Employment Generation Scheme” under which a minimum of 150 youth from each Gram Panchayat will be imparted necessary skill upgradation training and the subsequent loan and subsidy linkage.
3. Community Hall or Kalyan Mandap for infotainment
The BJD has promised that a “State of the Art” Community Hall cum Kalyan Mandap for infotainment with modern video hall and mini theatre facilities. The state government will bear major part of the cost of and the balance will be funded by the panchayat. The maintenance of these units will be looked after by the panchayats, who will also accrue income from these halls.
Read other political parties’ promises in tech here.