The ban on Tencent owned game PUBG in Ahmedabad, in the Indian state of Gujarat has been lifted, according to the Times of India, or allowed to lapse, according to DNA. It's not clear whether the ban has been lifted in other cities in Gujarat, including Rajkotm Surat, Bhavnagar, Gir Somnath and Panchmahal. In fact, the ban was first issued in Rajkot on March 8th, and was applicable from March 9th to April 30th 2019. In January, the Gujarat government banned PUBG in all state schools, stating that children were getting addicted and their education was being adversely affected. It seems that the Ahmedabad commissioner has linked the banning to exams, as per DNA, citing them as a direct trigger to initiating the action, and with exams now over, they don't intend to renew the order. "We have also taken…
- TLDR: Zoom MacOs loophole, Chinese apps submit algorithms, Signal breach, data localization, US FTC, more August 16, 2022
- Freedom Offer: Get Rs. 1000 Off On Our Subscription Plans August 15, 2022
- In comments on IT Rules, NLUD’s CCG flags ‘Corporate Censorship’ and unequal ‘grievance redressal’ August 12, 2022
- TLDR: Google’s fact-check, WhatsApp privacy, Kids’ data on Instagram, Microsoft in ONDC, GST on online gambling, more August 12, 2022
- IT Rules 2021: Now Google concerned about SRB mechanism for social media platforms August 12, 2022
MediaNama’s mission is to help build a digital ecosystem which is open, fair, global and competitive.
Do we have an enabling system for the National Data Governance Framework Policy (NDGFP) aiming to create a repository of non-personal data?
A viewpoint on why the regulation of cryptocurrencies and crypto exchnages under 2019's E-Commerce Rules puts it in a 'grey area'
India's IT Rules mandate a GAC to address user 'grievances' , but is re-instatement of content removed by a platform a power it should...
Why ‘group privacy’ should be recognised, and how ‘non-personal’ data becomes a regulatory blindspot
There is a need for reconceptualizing personal, non-personal data and the concept of privacy itself for regulators to effectively protect data
Please subscribe to MediaNama. Don't share prints and PDFs.
You May Also Like
Google has released a Google Travel Trends Report which states that branded budget hotel search queries grew 179% year over year (YOY) in India, in...
135 job openings in over 60 companies are listed at our free Digital and Mobile Job Board: If you’re looking for a job, or...
Twitter takes down tweets from MP, MLA, editor criticising handling of pandemic upon government request
By Aroon Deep and Aditya Chunduru You’re reading it here first: Twitter has complied with government requests to censor 52 tweets that mostly criticised...