Hathway Cable reported standalone operational revenues of Rs 134.85 crore for the quarter ended December 31, 2018, this is largely stagnant year-on-year from Rs 138.65 crore in Q3FY18, and Rs 130 crore in the preceding quarter. The company also reported a 73% year-on-year fall in net profit to Rs 6.44 crore from Rs 23.87 crore in Q3FY18.
Subscription revenue was Rs 134.9 crore in this quarter, up 3% over the preceding quarter, and down 3% YoY from Rs 138.7 crore in Q3FY18.
- 780,000 broadband subscribers, 5% YoY growth
- 5.54 million homes passed, across 16 cities
- 15,000 net additions on QoQ basis
- 40% increase in bandwidth/consumer over the last 9 months
- Monthly data consumption: 113 GB per consumer per month
- 50% consumers go over 80 GB per month data consumption
- Monthly data consumption in Chennai is 167 GB per consumer per month as it is a pure FTTH market
- 300 mbps is the maximum speed offered, average speed offered was 60 mbps
- Broadband EBITDA: Rs 51.3 crore
- Operation margin: 38%
- ARPU: Rs 700
Cable subscription revenue was Rs 166.3 crore reporting a 12% YoY increase from Rs 148.3 crore in Q3FY18. Operating EBITDA stood at Rs 36.1 crore this quarter.
- 1 million cable set-top boxes across 350 locations
- Claims to capture 52% of the MSO cable broadband market
- 298,000 HD subscribers, up from 200,000 subscribers in Q3FY18, and 262,000 subscribers in Q2FY19
- 67% of subscribers served via Hathway Connect, and 57% online payments from LCOs