By Nikhil Cariappa
Sameer Maheshwary has quit Zomato, five months after being appointed as the CFO. In a statement issued to MediaNama, the company confirmed the resignation, citing pursuit of ‘personal and professional interests’ as the reason for his exit. It also added that Gaurav Gupta, the COO, will be taking over as interim head of the finance team. Maheshwary was formerly the co-CEO at GE Capital, where he spent 13 years, following which he was appointed CFO for two years at GE.
Recent hires and exits at Zomato
- Earlier this week, Durga Raghunath quit her role at Indian Express and returned to Zomato as senior vice-president for growth. She will be responsible for Zomato Live and SneakPeek – its foray into video content. She had a short stint at Zomato in 2015.
- Sameer Kuckreja, Zomato’s Chief Business Officer, stepped down in October, 2018. He was the President at Zomato Base, its POS business, for 8 months.
- In September, GT Thomas Phillippe was appointed general counsel at Zomato.
- Earlier, in July, Zomato hired Chaitanya Mathur as Global Head for events.
- Deepak Gulati had stepped down in September 2017. He was President and COO at Zomato for 7 months.