Internet service provider ACT Fibernet has partnered with SonyLIV through which ACT’s customers can “directly” subscribe to SonyLIV at an additional cost of Rs 99 per month. MediaNama has reached out to SonyLIV for more details and will update the story when we hear from them.
SonyLIV will be available in 16 cities where ACT Fibernet is operational: Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Coimbatore, Eluru, Guntur, Hyderabad, Kakinada, Madurai, Nellore, Rajahmundry, Tirupati, Vijaywada, Visakhapatnam, Warangal. ACT claims to have 1.28 million customers across these cities.
SonyLIV’s recent collaboration and partnerships
SonyLIV was launched in January 2013. Since then, the app has been downloaded over 81.1 million times and the company has entered into several collaborations.
- Last month, Lionsgate tied up with SonyLIV to offer Lionsgate content as premium offering ‘Lionsgate Play’ following the inking of a “multi-year strategic content deal” between the two entities.
- In September this year, SonyLIV partnered with Amagi to user Amagi’s Thunderstorm product to personalize mid-roll ads.
- In March 2017, SonyLIV partnered with Videocon d2h. As a result of which SonyLIV’s content would be available to Videocon d2h’s HD Smart Connect Set top box customers.
- In January 2017, online video on demand Sony LIV and film studio Sony Pictures Entertainment partnered with digital content network, One Digital Entertainment for the studio’s latest Hollywood film, Passengers starring Chris Pratt & Jennifer Lawrence.
- In November 2016, the service launched LIV Kids with kids entertainment content.