Online travel agency Yatra.com posted a loss of Rs 16 crore for the quarter ended September 2018 (Q2FY19). The company’s losses have narrowed from Rs 77.7 crore in the same quarter last year (Q2FY18) and Rs 31.2 crore in the previous quarter (Q1FY19).
Total revenues stood at Rs 205 crore for the quarter, down 20.2% from Rs 257 crore in the same quarter last year. Adjusted Revenue increased to Rs 209 crore, up 23.7% year-on-year.
Yatra’s adjusted EBITDA loss for the quarter was at Rs 23.3 crore, reflecting an improvement of 19% from EBITDA loss of Rs 28.8 crore in the corresponding quarter last year.
Hotels and Packages
- Revenue: The Hotels and Packages business reduced to Rs 99.5 crore, down from Rs 120 crore in the same period last year.
- Net Revenue Margin stood at 13.7% during the quarter as compared to 11.6% a year ago.
- Gross Bookings: The total amount paid by hotel/package customers for travel services booked via Yatra stood at Rs 313 crore for the quarter, up 13.5% from Rs 275.5 crore in the same quarter last year.
- Standalone room nights: The number of nights spent by the company’s customers (Room Nights) on its hotel listings was at 577,000 in Q1FY19, up by 30% from 443,000 in the corresponding period last year.
- Revenue: The air flight ticket booking business generated revenues of Rs 80.4 crore, down 33% YoY from Rs 120 crore revenue in the same quarter last year.
- Net Revenue Margin was at 5.7% during Q2FY19 as against 6.3% in the corresponding quarter last year.
- Gross Bookings: The total amount paid by Yatra customers for air tickets stood at Rs 2399 crore, up 25% YoY from Rs 1,914 crore. The number of passengers who booked air tickets via Yatra.com in the quarter stood at 2.67 million, up 22.4% from 2.18 million in Q2FY18.
Marketing and sales promotion expenses decreased by a staggering 76% to Rs 19.8 crore in Q2FY19 from Rs 82.7 crore in the same quarter last year. However, after adding expenses for consumer promotions and loyalty program costs, which have been subtracted from Revenue per IFRS 15, Yatra’s marketing spend would have been Rs 105.4 crore, 27.4% higher year-over-over for the quarter
Personnel costs increased by 7.7% to Rs 66 crore in the quarter from Rs 71.4 crore in Q2FY18.