Personalized interior design platform LivSpace will now expand into Chennai and Pune, and has set aside Rs 40 crore for the expansion. The funds will be used for customer acquisition, launching design centres, and getting more designers and vendors onboard. 200 designers have joined the platform during the expansion pilot.
The expansion comes soon after the company raised $70 million from TPG Growth and Goldman Sachs, with participation from existing investors.
- It expects to design the first 100 homes in each city by March 2019.
- It launched in 2015 with services in Bangalore, and expanded to Delhi NCR (including Gurgaon and Noida), Mumbai (including Thane), and most recently Hyderabad.
- It has 4 design centres and 15 ‘experience apartments’ countrywide.
- The company wants to establish its presence in 13 ‘metro areas’
The platform has raised $103.6 million in funding so far
- $70 million in September
- $14 million in August 2016
- $8 million in August 2015
- $4.6 million in December 2014