Nov 16: For the quarter ended September 30, 2018, Balaji Telefilms’ revenues from its digital business ALTBalaji was Rs 14.3 crore in the quarter, up 2.5 times from Rs 5.8 crore last quarter. Revenues from this quarter are 12 times the revenue it reported in Q2 2018, which is significant as the service has existed only for two years.
The company’s digital segment also reduced losses to Rs 11.1 crore, down from Rs 20.2 crore in the previous quarter.*
- ALTBalaji’s total subscriber user base is 8.9 million, and monthly active users (MAUs) stand at 2.3 million.
The company did not disclose the number of paid users/subscribers this quarter.Last quarter, the service added 2.2 million paid subscribers, and the total paid subscribers stood at 3.4 million paid subscribers. Therefore, for this quarter, ALTBalaji added 5.5 million subscribers.
- Average watch time for the quarter: 60 minutes
- ALTBalaji is available in six languages, has released 25 original shows and another 40 shows in the pipeline. The company will focus on Hindi and regional language content.
- In September, Divya Dixit was appointed as Senior Vice President and Head of Marketing for India and international markets. She replaced Manav Sethi, who had stepped down from the role earlier that month.
Balaji Telefilms revenues
- Revenue: Rs 128 crore, up from Rs 116 crore in Q2FY18
- Loss after Tax: Rs 15.4 crore, up from Rs 13.8 crore in Q2FY18
Corrigendum (20 Nov): *We incorrectly mentioned the company’s losses from the digital segment was Rs 111 crore, and total loss after tax was Rs 154 crore, when they are actually Rs 11.1 crore and Rs 15.4 crore respectively for this quarter. We’ve also updated the number of subscriptions added this quarter and changed the headline to reflect this. Additionally, we have corrected the story to reflect segment revenues associated with the correct segments. We sincerely regret the errors.