Reliance Jio Infocomm reported a net profit of Rs 681 crore, an increase of 11% over the preceding quarter. Net profit had reflected a higher growth of 20% in the last quarter (Q1FY2019). Its operating revenue stood at Rs 9240 crore, up by almost 14% from last quarter, while EBITDA stood at Rs 3573 crore in this quarter also reflecting an increase of 13.5% over the last quarter.
At the end of the quarter, the company claims to have 252 million subscribers, up by 17% from the last quarter when it counted 215 million subscribers. The company did not disclose how many of these connections were actually active. For example, as on November 2017, only 81% of Jio’s then 152 million connections were active, per TRAI data.
- Data consumption: 11.0 GB per user per month
- VoLTE voice: 761 minutes per user per month
- Video consumption: 17.5 hours per user per month
- ARPU: Rs 131 per subscriber per month, down by 2% over the last quarter
- 771 crore GB data consumption in the quarter, up a massive 20% from the last quarter.
- 410 crore hours per month of video consumption, up by 20% from the last quarter. Last quarter, it had increased by 41.7% from Q4FY2018.
- Average download speed of 20.6 mbps during September 2018, per TRAI
JioPhone and JioPhone 2
RJIL’s coveted feature phones — JioPhone2 launched in the AGM held in July — now have smartphone-like apps built into them, supported by the KaiOS system. Both JioPhone and JioPhone2 have YouTube, WhatsApp, Facebook – apps popular among smartphone users.
Reliance Retail Retail bought a 16% stake in KaiOS Technologies earlier in March this year. Within six months of its launch, JioPhone became the highest selling feature phone in the country, overthrowing segment leader Samsung.