PayPal has reported revenues of $3.68 billion, up 14%, for the quarter ended September 30, 2018. Its cash, cash equivalents and investments were at $10.5 billion at the end of the quarter. It had 254 million active accounts, adding 9.1 million active accounts this quarter, as compared to 8.2 million in Q3 2017.
- 2.5 billion payment transactions, up 27%
- $143 billion in total payment volume (TPV), up 24%
- 36.5 payment transactions per active account, up 9.5% YOY
- eBay Marketplaces volume grew 3% on an FX-neutral basis, and represented 11% of overall TPV for the quarter versus approximately 13% a year ago
- Person-to-Person (P2P) volume grew 50% to $36 billion, and represented approximately 25% of TPV in the third quarter
- Approximately $57 billion in mobile payment volume, growing at 45%.
- In the third quarter, mobile payment volume represented 40% of overall TPV.
- Venmo, the company’s social payments platform, processed approximately $17 billion of TPV in the third quarter, growing 78%.
- On a trailing twelve month basis, Venmo processed approximately $54 billion of TPV.