MediaNama (www.medianama.com) is looking to hire three experienced journalists. Please follow the application process detailed below.
We’re a leading online media company covering news and providing analysis on India’s digital (Internet and mobile) ecosystem, with a special focus on technology policy. We provide our readership of business leaders with incisive inputs on industry developments, and take a pan-digital perspective. We cover what matters, and work with integrity and transparency. We are opinionated, without fear or favor.
- Track and report current news and developments in: Technology, Internet, Telecom and Policy domains
- Analyse information and present in a concise manner
- Talk to hundreds of people in the digital domain. Go get stories. Do interviews. Work with data. Identify trends.
- Track international developments in Internet, Mobile and technology policy domains
- Preparing questions, helping identify speakers, live tweeting and/or reporting on MediaNama events, apart from taking on additional responsibilities.
We’re looking for candidates with 2-4 years of experience as journalists/bloggers in writing about business, technology and/or technology policy. You must either know technology, technology policy or business well. Preferably, all three. Preference will be given to candidates in Delhi. We’re looking to hire 1 person in Bangalore at present.
1. What do you want to do?
You need to know and be passionate about the digital (Internet and/or mobile) medium in India. This domain should matter to you. You have to tell us what in digital matters to you and why.
2. What kind of a person are you?
- You need to be obsessive about details, and have a strong sense of skepticism and understanding of logic. For us, being the best is usually more important than being the first.
- You need to be comfortable with ambiguity: ours is a fast paced business, you will have to learn to work with limited information at your disposal, and take decisions quickly. You need to have an eye for news, and a desire to get the news first.
You need to be social: being active on social networks, especially Twitter, is a must. We’re a part of a community, and support them, just as they support us.
3. What can you do?
- You need to have excellent command of the English language – both written and spoken English.
- Business, policy and/or tech news reporting experience is preferred. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in reportage on digital policy.
- Preference would be given to candidates with online work experience, or at least having blogged for a few years.
- You need to have basic working knowledge of HTML, and familiarity with WordPress.
- Experience in understanding financial documents and filings is preferred.
Step 1: Email email@example.com your CV and three of your best writing samples (or links to them). Write a convincing cover letter about why you would want to work with us. Please take the application process seriously: completeness in the application is a screening criteria.
Step 2: Based on pre-screening, we’ll schedule a call, which will typically be 30 min.
Step 3: Following the call, we’ll schedule a test. The test will be a written test, and will take 3-4 hours.
Step 4: Post test, we’ll have a second round of calls for selected candidates. The second call should be 45 minutes to an hour.
Step 5: Following the second round of interviews, we’ll finalize terms on an HR call, followed by an appointment letter.
How we work:
Those in Delhi would need to work out of our office. Those not in Delhi work from home or a cafe. As long as there is connectivity and you’re working, you could be in the hills or on a beach. We’re connected all the time, collaborating on chat, WhatsApp, calls, and online tools. We help each other do better work, and improve with each story. We focus on details, sense trends.
This is an advertisement for MediaNama. MediaNama’s Native Advertising policy and past ads are here. For advertising, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.